Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Server Config?

Sara101

I know I know, its not much and is being worked on, I am just excited and want to know, when will the settings for our multipliers, ect. will be up, I don't know about most of the people here but I hate having to edit it through FTP lol wish it was as simple as my ark server right now ;-P I'm just wondering... -keep checking it every day to see if its there? lol-

I'll chime in with what I've heard directly.
The settings are Very much similar to ARK, however it is completely hit or miss on which settings do actually translate between games. Thus there is not a concrete list of ARK settings that work within D&L at this time, but our host is working hard at testing to find the ones that do indeed work, and will hook us up ASAP! Have faith Padawan, the force is strong with these ones. =)

The settings are Very much similar to ARK, however it is completely hit or miss on which settings do actually translate between games. Thus there is not a concrete list of ARK settings that work within D&L at this time, but our host is working hard at testing to find the ones that do indeed work, and will hook us up ASAP! Have faith Padawan, the force is strong with these ones. =)

I've been with them for 2 years now lol i'm well aware they are some of the best because with ark, i never have to use my FTP UNLESS i am working with Game.ini files for my mods. I was just curious as to maybe a date for all the settings so i can stop using my FTP -prefers easy with my servers lol-

The settings are Very much similar to ARK, however it is completely hit or miss on which settings do actually translate between games.

This will be necessary before we add anything else to our Launch Params info box or Modify Server Config tool.

It will take some time but the devs really need to release a detailed wiki with the available configs.

I hear that Ryan.
I really hope they can get on that sooner rather than later too. It should really be a lot easier with the groundwork already laid out for them from ARK too.

And I'm Really worried that they're going to put it off 'Because' it's an "easy task" that can just be done whenever...

Also, @Ryan Pennington, would you be able to give us a rundown on what needs to be done on the developers end before you "can" update the Server Config tool?

I'm sure there's more to it than just wanting a proper wiki available, as it's certainly easy enough to just test a handful of functions from ARK, and put in the ones that work. So I'm sure that there's legit plenty more reasons you aren't taking that approach, but I know that a number of people are saying "It's easy, just copy ark settings", so making a thread to address the actual reasons could help quell those.

Trust in us oh master of servers, we understand a lot more about programming these days than in the days of yon forefathers!

Also, I'm pretty good at translating techie into layman. =)

I just need an updated detailed list of config options and launch parameters without having to spend hours trying ARK config/launch params and testing to see if they work. Not all of the old ARK settings work with DNL and there are some different ones as well. It's not cut and dry, and I simply do not have time to spend that amount of time reverse engineering DNL to figure it out. People can use the FTP option until there is some sort of well documented list of configuration/launch params out there. ;)