Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New Server Issue

Sheaolara

I've just ordered a DnL server, and after it went through the automatic creation process, it refuses to start and is giving the "The Exiled Lands" for the map name, which is the Conan Exiles map. I took a look into the root DnL folder via FTP, and I notice the game is still listed under the downloading folder, so I'm not sure if it's not downloading properly or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Server ID is #45232, username is Sheaolara.

Thank you!

I am having the same issue. I have checked other sites that offer Dark and Light hosting and they don't let you to purchase one yet. I am wondering if Snail has yet to release the server files to host a private server. Survival Servers might have been in the middle of setting up their website to allow us to purchase a server and we bought one before they were completely ready. We will have to wait and see. All speculation right now. =)

I just got a reply from Support, they said they do have dedicated servers for DnL, and there's just an issue at the moment, but they'll be up soon. Here's hoping!

I got a reply saying this 4 hours ago. Ordered the server 7 hours ago. Doesn't work. This makes me think they didn't test this at all and assumed their setup would work. 

Anybody working yet?  My server says it's started and running but I don't see it on the lists and when I try to launch it via Steam Bootstrapper it says server not responding.  

I am having the same issue Kaeolin, says its started, not on list.  Im sure SS will eventually work things out, it is a bit disappointing as my gaming community is eagerly awaiting our server.  But, tis the nature of things.  I hope we are credited the time that the servers have been unavailable if anything.  Here's hoping for a prompt fix!!

My server is now running.   Checked it and it was stopped.  Updated and restarted, wait for it to say ready.  Then it'll appear in the unofficial server list.

Had some issues, but an update & validation has been working for everyone. Issues regarding the server stuck on 'Loading' but the server is actually running and joinable are being looked into.

My server is down again.  I saw they patched 6 hours ago, so I ran an update.  Now it says Unknown.   SERVER ID #45240  

Edit:  Server is showing up, but doesn't appear in the list now.  It's been about 10 minutes (now 10 hours)  still can't see it in game

If you are having issues on the last update do the following:

Shutdown the Server.

Create the file "steam_appid.txt" in "..\DNL\Binaries\Win64\". 

Write "529180" in the File. 

steam_appid.txt is what you are  naming the file. then open it and write 529180 save it resync ftp and your good to go

If you are having issues on the last update do the following:

Shutdown the Server.

Create the file "steam_appid.txt" in "..\DNL\Binaries\Win64\". 

Write "529180" in the File. 

steam_appid.txt is what you are  naming the file. then open it and write 529180 save it resync ftp and your good to go

I can confirm this does bring up servers stuck in Loading. Working on a fix for this!

steam_appid.txt with 529180 was already in my files after update. I deleted it and replaced it.

Server is still showing starting/loading, not able to find it on server browser. Or able to launch it via the shortcut from the server page.

steamapps and steamcmd folders are empty aside from the VDF and ACF files. I'm not sure if anything was in there before the update.

I tried this fix and it did not resolve it.  Same issue at Gamer above me.  I moved to a different server and added the file and now it's working.  Moving back to original location to see if works there now too.

Edit:  Moving back to New York server and then applying this fix, worked for me.  

Do I edit this file through Steam or the server. I have not found a way to edit the folder on my server control panel.

Neither.  You have to access the server directly via FTP.  If you aren't familiar with FTP, I'd say you need to wait until they fix it.  

I had switched server locations once or twice. At one point my FTP address had changed.

I had to update the connection address within Filezilla before I could get the steam_appid.txt in the right place.

Then like magic everything works !

My server is up and working.  The "fix" is what did it.  Server seems to boot quickly once the fix is put in place.

However when I get online to the server it is so laggy.  The NPCs move 10 forward and then rubber-band back 9.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I have tried rebooting the server with no improvement,  I had a friend test it as well and he was seeing the same thing. So I know it isn't my connection to the server (I can play on official servers with no issues).

My server is up and working.  The "fix" is what did it.  Server seems to boot quickly once the fix is put in place.

However when I get online to the server it is so laggy.  The NPCs move 10 forward and then rubber-band back 9.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I have tried rebooting the server with no improvement,  I had a friend test it as well and he was seeing the same thing. So I know it isn't my connection to the server (I can play on official servers with no issues).

Same issue with Seattle location and New York location.  VERY laggy.  Can't harvest anything.  Server#  45443

Trying an update/validate, then submitting a ticket.

*Edit* Update/validate didn't change anything.

Well used the  "fix" yesterday and server was fine but  since like 4am this morning its been so severe with lag and rubber banding it is making the server unplayable.

I have had to restart my server multiple times after the fix.  It doesn't show in list and shows not responding in the bootstrapper launcher.  

Your server should be accessible now!