Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Starting loadout, (DayZ mod)

With the constant updates and version changes changing the starting loadout can be enigmatic. I've managed to add toolbelt items but adding a weapon seems to break the server .pbo. Does anyone know of the correct order and format in which you need to add items in the script?

• 2 months later...

I am running an Epoch 1.0.6.1 server and here is how I do it:

stop your server and open your FTP pgrm.

get a copy of your dayz_1.chernarus.pbo, assuming you do not already have one. Hold a backup copy in another folder always!

unpack and move to the " Mods folder.

Open Mods, and move to the cfg folder.

Open cfg and open the EpochConfig.sqf

Look for these lines:

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodSteakCooked"];
DefaultWeapons = ["glock17_EP1","ItemMap","ItemHatchet"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackItems = []; // Can include both weapons and magazines i.e. ["PDW_DZ","30Rnd_9x19_UZI"];

change as desired, but make certain you are using the correct classnames for your game, and that you syntax is correct as well.

Repack your PBO and load into server. restart the server and join. 

Sadly I don't think there really is a sure fire way to add custom loadouts to 1.8.8. I did some research and came across this post talking somewhat about it and they had some suggestions you can look over.

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-1-8-1-vehicle-spawning-and-default-loadout.20048/

• 2 months later...

figured it out for those interested.

_inventory = [["ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemCompass","M1911_DZ","Mosin_DZ"],["ItemPainkiller","bloodbagONEG","ItemMorphine","FoodBaconCooked","ItemSodaMdew","HandGrenade_West","5Rnd_762x54_Mosin","5Rnd_762x54_Mosin","ItemAntibacterialWipe","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911"]];
_backpack = ["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1"];
_survival = [0,0,0];
_model = "";