Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Best numbers for the breeding options?!

Hello guys, what are the best numbers for theis server options:

Mating Interval Multiplier
Egg Hatch Speed Multiplier

Baby Mature Speed Multiplier

Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Interval Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Grace Period Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Lose Imprint Quality Speed Multiplier

I want it to be fast and easy but... having to take a good care of the babies... plz help! :)

~Sorry for my bad english.

Note that however you change these, there will be situations where 100% imprint is impossible for some species. This is a fundamental flaw in ARK and the way it calculates how much imprint to give for each cuddle, and how many cuddles fit into maturation. (What I do is offer to use admin commands to bump any imprint that's "as many cuddles as possible" up to 100% for people.)

Otherwise, "best" is highly subjective. I use

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.500000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=4.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=4.000000
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=1.000000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=1.000000
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1.000000
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1.000000

So all breeding-related activities take 1/4 as much time, which means the really long ones like quetzal or therizinosaur still take a few days, but the incubation and baby time can be done in an evening. But I don't change the cuddle multipliers because "about every three hours" seems about right, and since there are no values that ensure you can do 100% on all species (you can tweak to get to where one species can hit 100%, but then others can't).

Hello guys, what are the best numbers for theis server options:

Mating Interval Multiplier

Egg Hatch Speed Multiplier

Baby Mature Speed Multiplier

Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Interval Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Grace Period Multiplier

Baby Cuddle Lose Imprint Quality Speed Multiplier

I want it to be fast and easy but... having to take a good care of the babies... plz help! :)

~Sorry for my bad english.

Note that however you change these, there will be situations where 100% imprint is impossible for some species. This is a fundamental flaw in ARK and the way it calculates how much imprint to give for each cuddle, and how many cuddles fit into maturation. (What I do is offer to use admin commands to bump any imprint that's "as many cuddles as possible" up to 100% for people.)

Otherwise, "best" is highly subjective. I use

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.500000

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=4.000000

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=4.000000

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=1.000000

BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1.000000

So all breeding-related activities take 1/4 as much time, which means the really long ones like quetzal or therizinosaur still take a few days, but the incubation and baby time can be done in an evening. But I don't change the cuddle multipliers because "about every three hours" seems about right, and since there are no values that ensure you can do 100% on all species (you can tweak to get to where one species can hit 100%, but then others can't).

Remember that " BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier " is directly related to " BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier " , so for instance with a multiplier of 15X " Mature " setting , I use 0.07 as a "Cuddle " setting . That allows you to have 100% Imprint from Dodo's to Wyverns , ( Wyverns take 6 - 7 hrs this way ) . So if you do the math , you can get 100% imprint on any settings you choose , just takes a bit of thought . Don't blame the game .

Edit - This Individual did a lot of the "Leg Work " , also remember that WC has doubled their rates since this was first issued !  Mature/Cuddle Interval calculation

• 4 weeks later...

I use these.

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.45
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=30
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=40
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.050000
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=0.000000

Seems reasonable for a quetz or giga in terms of time.