Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Updated Rust today skins not working in server

RojoNinja

We have the exact same problem. I contacted support and they said it's probably a bug in the game. I can't see this being the case since skins are working everywhere else. We also did a verification of install with a clean wipe in hopes that would fix the problem, but it didn't. Hopefully they can figure out the problem soon. If I hear of anything relevant to help you I'll post it here for you. Contact their support too though in the meantime.

We have the exact same problem. I contacted support and they said it's probably a bug in the game. I can't see this being the case since skins are working everywhere else. We also did a verification of install with a clean wipe in hopes that would fix the problem, but it didn't. Hopefully they can figure out the problem soon. If I hear of anything relevant to help you I'll post it here for you. Contact their support too though in the meantime.

Yeah I contacted support as well and they said just about the same thing.

this is a server side issue, and the host refuses to comment on it, no other servers except for our hosts are experiencing issues. i cant get in contact from anyone at survival servers. i dont even care if they say "we arnt sure, but we are looking into it" id be fine with it, the issue is that they are leaving us server owners in the dark and thats not okay. we pay good money for servers

We've also opened a ticket.  We assumed this was a Facepunch issue last week, however skins are still not working.  When trying to craft a skinned item we get "You don't have permission to use this skin, so crafting unskinned".

We've tried the same (unloading oxide, update/validate, removing all plugins, etc...) no effect.

I jumped on another Rust server and found that skins are working just fine elsewhere.

I'll wait to see what support has to say.

the only response i got from my ticket was as follows......

"Is there a plugin that does this or is it on even the official servers? Let me know and I'll be happy to look into this."

waited for ever for a one line response. 

We don't have any new information at this time about this issue.

Still looking into the possibility of compatibility with Oxide, etc but there's very little information so far.

Supposedly this was fixed in the Jan 26 update.

half of the servers inside of this forums are vanilla servers, i appreciate the response ryan, but this is an issue with only this host. the rust community is filled with hosts that are not having this issue

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my final post in regards to this situation, i urge you to read it carefully:

after weeks and weeks of trying to work with survival servers, even offering my technical input of what they need to consider doing to fix the issue, i was met with nothing but disrespect and false answers that this was not an issue on their end. Today, as a server, we have cancelled our payments and moved to a different host, and what would you know. the issue is not there. this has been an issue with this host specifically and they refuse to see and fix the issue. 

as a final thought. i will leave you with my very last interaction with the support staff, so you can see just how much they care about their customers.

1.png

2.png

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue on my server as we speak. Are you telling me it's been months now and Facepunch still hasn't gotten back to you guys with a method to remedy this issue? I need this fixed. My players are complaining. They paid money for those skins and they'd like to be able to utilize them.

I just spoke with another admin on Reddit who I assume doesn't host with you guys. If the skins are relayed through the Steam workshop, the issue likely doesn't rest with Rust, but with Steam. Are you sure there aren't ports being blocked for the Steam Workshop or some other firewall issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I thought this issue was due to a plugin this whole time, finally decided to wipe clean to figure out which one, and to no surprise to anyone here the issues with crafting skinned items still persists.   :?  And this thread is old. 

Ryan, you've been the greatest part about having a server here, the rest is pretty meh, I will miss your support dearly if my next server provider does not have one of you...  Surely SS knows there are soooo many options for us, there's just no reason to stick around when you're the only provider with this problem.  This problem affects our bottom-line so it's going to affect yours too when your assistance is ineffective.  This will be my last renewal month, thanks for all the memories.  GLHF everyone!