Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Changing MaxPlayers to help with lag

arndolf

Is there any way to add -Maxplayers=40 to the server startup command ? Startserver.bat is banned for some reason.

Even official servers are down to max 40 players, more players than that and the game becomes unplayable.

There seems to be no way to limit the number of players in the server config.

I think it is in the Engin.ini Cant check right now as my FTP is busted on my server. 

You can double check on your control panel page. 
You can FTP in and edit the file at this location 
ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Engine.ini

To do this you may need an FTP program to download the file, edit it in notepad and re-upload it.
I use Filezilla and only need to open the file and edit it directly on the server.  

Bet they are doing it through the command line to prevent say a 20 player server such as my own from just going in and setting it to say a 70 player server.  Which I mean makes sense.

I think while you can increase the slot size from the 'upgrades' section of the control panel you have to open a support ticket for them to reduce it.