Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Dayz Mod update

TEX7

Dayz mod has updated from 1.8.7 to 1.8.8, when can we expect support for that?

I can only assume when it's release is stable. They are not even done with it.

It is stable and released on steam, at this point the only way to join my server is to downgrade back to 1.8.7

So it was released today, from what i am reading. None of the launchers even have it. I would give it some time for everyone to switch. Hopefully soon

Steam has given dayz mod its own steam app id recently, now to join dayz mod all you need to do is launch dayz mod from steam and choose a server from multiplayer. since the change my server has jumped from rank 725 to rank 225. Base building is in the current version and the community is super hyped for the update!

Steam has given dayz mod its own steam app id recently, now to join dayz mod all you need to do is launch dayz mod from steam and choose a server from multiplayer. since the change my server has jumped from rank 725 to rank 225. Base building is in the current version and the community is super hyped for the update!

Jumped ranking?

So i take it you got your server to run new dayz than?

cool.

No the jump in ranking was from people being able to launch from dayz mod in steam with no launcher program. now that the update is out and my server is on the old version and it is sitting empty because it is not the current version on steam and people get an error when they try to connect unless the downgrade.

Awesome! Here is some stuff from the discord:

to prevent inventory loss,

UPDATE character_data SET Backpack = REPLACE(Backpack, '"equip_woodensplint"', '"ItemMorphine"') WHERE INSTR(Backpack, '"equip_woodensplint"') > 0; UPDATE character_data SET Inventory = REPLACE(Inventory, '"equip_woodensplint"', '"ItemMorphine"') WHERE INSTR(Inventory, '"equip_woodensplint"') > 0;

version error,

Anyone who has this error needs to update their client and server A2OA to current stable branch on steam: Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
20:48:09 Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
20:48:09 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
20:48:09 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28(edited)

You can see what version you are running at the top of your RPT file. Should be Version 1.63.131129

The current stable corepatch has been out for almost a year now, so everyone should have updated already. It fixed that error and many other issues: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186695-a2a2oa-patch-18122015/

Thanks guys!