Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server didnt save after an automated restart

TXDeluxe

• 2 months later...

Same problem.

3 days ago I rent my server and today we had a wipe after the auto restart...

Now I don't know if I have to expect a wipe every restart so I'm a little worried. 

Any news?

We've been getting this since May or June. It's pretty consistent, and so far the only response from SurvivalServers has been, "It's Rust, it's a known issue, suck it up."  While other servers have had 5-10 minute rollbacks (which is mitigated by server warning messages saying, "Restart coming in X minutes, stop crafting/building now") I've only seen the big several-hours-or-sometimes-days rollbacks here. They claim it's a known issue, that it's normal, and refuse to either extend our subscription time or offer server upgrades.

*Shrug*  Good luck, Ashara. My players and I are nervous, too. We prepaid for a year, and we're just waiting the clock down and trying to gather donations so we can move to something reliable, if these guys can't get it turned around or at least offer us some kind of answers.

We've been getting this since May or June. It's pretty consistent, and so far the only response from SurvivalServers has been, "It's Rust, it's a known issue, suck it up."  While other servers have had 5-10 minute rollbacks (which is mitigated by server warning messages saying, "Restart coming in X minutes, stop crafting/building now") I've only seen the big several-hours-or-sometimes-days rollbacks here. They claim it's a known issue, that it's normal, and refuse to either extend our subscription time or offer server upgrades.

*Shrug*  Good luck, Ashara. My players and I are nervous, too. We prepaid for a year, and we're just waiting the clock down and trying to gather donations so we can move to something reliable, if these guys can't get it turned around or at least offer us some kind of answers.

Since May or June? Wow... 0o... It's Rust ? Really ? I mean, I've played on lots of servers who have other hosts and never seen a problem like this before... It's not the game the problem, but the host. And if it's been months and still no resolution about this, I'm even more worried. I can't just never restart my server until a new wipe -_- 

I have rent my server for only a month to test and I'm glad I didn't rent longer than that... I will search elsewhere for a better host. Thank you for your input :) 

(Sorry for my english... I speak french :P I need practice !)