Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

[Experimental] Worldsize Not Working

Super Fluffy Baby Cat

Hi,

I've been trying to increase the size of my server's map, however every time I enter the desired amount (5000) and save & restart the server it goes back to 3000.

I had trouble trying to get the map seed to change where I typed different seed codes but none of them seem to have any effect and the map never changed, until it finally started working and changed to a different map, I'm not sure if that's related or of any help.

Also when I look at the map on Rust IO it shows the worldsize at 3000 and the map seed at 2046390327, however on the server's control panel the map seed is 281837492 and as mentioned above the map size I selected and saved is 5000.

I've also changed the location of the server in an attempt to fix this, and obviously there we no mods installed after the transfer, but the seed and map size still didn't want to change.

Server IP if needed: 163.172.20.84:28316

Thanks in advanced

This is account specific but I will answer here (usually this would require a support ticket):

You have custom launch parameters checked and are missing the +server.worldsize XXXXXXXX +server.seed XXXXXXX values from your launch param line which is causing it to revert to the default.