Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Inserting Buildings to DayZ Databases

Chad

This tutorial will teach you how you can insert any building on our private hive servers. (Not Community Hive)

1. TC Admin -> Stop your server

2. Log into phpMyAdmin
  3. Choose the database you want to edit (if you are using Chernarus, the database would be "dayz2johnsmith", Taviana would be "dayz2tavianajohnsmith")
  4. Click "building" on the left side of the page as highlighted in the 1st picture below
  5. Click "insert" at the top/middle of the page
  6. Create any random id #, I used 999 in the example. Also remember the ID may already exist so simply check inside the Buildings list.
  7. Insert the class name for the building, I used "Land_Mil_ControlTower" You can find building class names here:
    http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/object-library.html
  8. Click go, and wait to see if it was successful. No error messages should appear if done correctly.

Screenshot steps 1-7:

Y7Re2.jpg

9. See picture below for help. Click on Instance_building on the left side of the screen.
  10. Click "insert" at the top/middle.
  11. Create any random id # like shown in the picture below.
  12. The "building_id" will be chosen using a drop down box, you will match this number to the previously chosen ID from step 5 above. You can see how I matched it to say 999 for "ID" from step 5 and "building_id"
  13. Choose your instance ID, for example mine is 1154
  14. Choose a worldspace. This is the physical location on the map. You can copy and paste a worldspace by clicking "survivor" on the left side of the screen, find your survivor, and then use the worldspace to place a building. If you go back to step 4, open the "survivor" and "profile" to find your survivor unique ID, once you have this match the unique ID from profile to the survivor list in order to copy/paste the worldspace for the new building.

Example Worldspaces:

[15,[9029.33,1980.95,0.0010066]]
    [49,[11172.8,3113.38,0.00195241]]
    [8,[7561.79,3031.23,0.00157082]]

15. Choose the time/date
  16. Click go and check for errors.

Now you can turn on your server and you will see a building. This has been thoroughly tested, these buildings are permanent and will not be removed by using DayZTools, to remove it just delete it from the Database.

osAs2.jpg

• 1 month later...

That first number in the three - [xxx,[yyy,zzz]] - here, the x's, is your bearing. 0 (a.k.a. 360) is North, 90 is East, 180 is South, 270 is West. So in the screenshot above, 127 is roughly ESE.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There is a much easier way I use and have been using on servers, If you would like help I will try my best to do so!

Well if you have an easier way might as well share it. I cannot get anything to work with buildings.

NOTE: It appears the buildings take some time to load in if it is your first custom building. I added it, started server, logged in and nothing. Logged out, made support ticket, joined back it, and it was there....closed ticket.

Not sure why it was delayed but since then I have upgrade my NEAF to an awesome place to go.

EDIT: Most likely delayed due to loading from database. It may take a little time as you add buildings but thing will slowly load it after restart.

• 2 weeks later...
The link on this post, seem's to be broken. It has not allowed me to view the page in several days now.

Yes unfortunate but there are other sites. I will be kind enough to list some basic buildings and their names.

Land_A_BuildingWIP - This is the large industrial building that can be found on the east side of Cherno with the crane nearby.

Land_A_GeneralStore_01 - This is a general store like the one found in cherno

Land_A_Office01 - I believe this one is the police station/office building found in elektro

Land_a_stationhouse - The firestation found many places

Land_Hangar_2 - The blue double door hangars that usually have parts. Many are found in cherno, along coast, NWAF, ect

Land_Ind_TankSmall - A fuel tank that allows you to fuel vehicles. Large and red in color. About the size of the back of a ural.

Land_Mil_Barracks_i - Your standard barracks full of military gear

Land_SS_hangar - This is your standard airfield hangar

Land_Toilet - same outhouses are found at base in stary sobor

Land_Tovarna2 - Not sure might be another type of office building

Land_Fire_barrel_burning - a fire barrel can be turned on and off and used to cook food

Those are some i use on my server. Enjoy.

EDIT: I'll share my secret to organization. I use number 999 for first building in the building instance and go down 999,998,997,ect

I use number 100 in the instance_building section and go up 100,101,102,103, ect...

So

999 - Land_Mil_Barracks_i

999 is the ID number used over the instance_building section. I have adding buildings down to an art. A hint is to face the opposite direction you want the building the opening to face. So if you want the opening to the south, log out facing north, so when you add the building it faces the right way. Fire station, blue hangar, aircraft hangar, police station, all are like that.

EDIT: This is a video showing how to add the buildings via editor. This method may or may not work at this time. Please leave a title for the video before posting one. Thank You (OJ)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you insert buildings, do they have the ability to spawn loot in them from just adding them through the database or would I have to do something else to make them spawn with loot in them?

When you insert buildings, do they have the ability to spawn loot in them from just adding them through the database or would I have to do something else to make them spawn with loot in them?

If they are DayZ buildings that would normally spawn loot then the custom placed ones will spawn loot (and zombies of course).

• 3 months later...

Hi i got a DayZ Epoch server up and i want to add barracks/firestations on my server and when i login to the phpMyAdmin it doesn't have the building like on the picture of yours could you please help me i'm new at this stuff.

Hi i got a DayZ Epoch server up and i want to add barracks/firestations on my server and when i login to the phpMyAdmin it doesn't have the building like on the picture of yours could you please help me i'm new at this stuff.

This worked for me....

It will but if you spawn buildings in that are not allowed by Dayz it will cause WAIT FOR HOST problems.

When I try this I'm not able to merge the mission maps says "Warning: File is read only!" any Ideas on this???

This worked for me....

It will but if you spawn buildings in that are not allowed by Dayz it will cause WAIT FOR HOST problems.

When I try this I'm not able to merge the mission maps says "Warning: File is read only!" any Ideas on this???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...