Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Launch Parameters issue

I've found that the Chrome browser seems to work best with the control panel until about a month ago, and now the only issue is that the custom launch parameters checkbox and field (and a few others along the left side) are no longer showing up. Everything under the Mod Ids field are missing down to restore from backup (which is showing).

I've tried in Firefox with the same results. Edge doesn't show them, only Internet Explorer shows them properly (version 11 in my case). So I try using IE to alter the launch parameters, it appears to let me edit them, but when I scroll down and click the green banner to "save and restart" nothing happens.

I can click that banner in the other browsers and they all allow the "save and restart" to happen, but they can't edit in the missing launch parameters field so I have a  bit of a catch 22. One browser can edit and not save, the others can't edit but can save.

I'm really only trying to add the new line for patch 242 "?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true" but am unable to. I had the same problem with the launch parameter for cave flyers. I see now that cave flyers option were added to yellow button "modify server config" but here's the problem with me using that...

If I make any changes using that tool, it wipes all of my level customizations. (300 for players and 300 for tames). I'm trying to avoid completely wiping my config and having to edit 600 fields just to get cave flyers and platform turrets back and I can't imagine there NOT being a way around this that will avoid hours of repetitive editing. (I also have a joint condition which would make that much work painful to say the least.)

Any ideas, or suggestions are welcome. thanks!

Edit:

Thanks to Cyrian for pointing out that "Custom" in the map drop down is the only way to proceed with what I was doing, first of all...

Secondly to anyone who was also confused as to how to make launch parameters work see Ryan's post below. Thanks again!!

Sorry to ask the pointless questions. If I get them out of the way further help will be down the line.

Under Maps, did you click custom? (clicking an actual map will not let you set parameters)

When you click custom everything under Modids will pop up. The map id, conversion id, -custom launch checkbox- and of course the launch parameters field.

Sorry to ask the pointless questions. If I get them out of the way further help will be down the line.

Under Maps, did you click custom? (clicking an actual map will not let you set parameters)

When you click custom everything under Modids will pop up. The map id, conversion id, -custom launch checkbox- and of course the launch parameters field.

We are running the Center, so it is set to a "custom" map. I tried this set to default with "TheCenter" option in the startup parameters instead of in that drop down and my server booted up to TheIsland map. I was told by support to use the dropdown instead when I opened a case for it. It seems odd to me that simply choosing a map other than TheIsland, it would prevent ANY further editing of launch parameters since choosing a map is just one of many things you can do with the parameters. 

I appreciate the reply though either way.

Edit: I re-read the notes on the map drop down and it looks like I have the specifics I need. I'm not sure these were this concise however on the day this change was originally made because I don't remember it being as specific as it is now. Either way I guess this issue can be considered closed.

2nd Edit: Actually, no, I don't believe this solves this as it's asking for a steam workshop ID, and the Center is no longer a workshop Map and instead an official map. Does anyone know what I can enter there instead of a workshop ID?

This is normal operating behavior and how the control panel works. It is straight forward but a little complicated to grasp at first. It's really the best way to do things though, the way it was before people were messing up their launch parameters so we made it easier by chunking the launch params over to the "Custom" map where you can dig into the "advanced" side of things.

The Island, The Center, and Valhalla drop downs are for people not running a total conversion and not overriding custom launch params. If you want to run a Total Conversion or override custom launch parameters, you need to select Custom map - regardless if it's for The Island, The Center, or Valhalla. If you have Custom selected and you want to run either The Center or Valhalla (or any other map) you need to override the launch param map because it is defaulted to The Island. The examples are provided in the little info box button you can click to get more information.

2016-06-02_13h38_57.png

If you have any additional questions, please direct those to support ticket.

SO you're telling us in order to reallow turrets being built on platform saddles, Turn off diseases and turn off the Breeding phase two stuff we now have to use custom maps set to the Island and the Center and use custom launch parameters? isn't there a way to add these options under the modify server configuration button? i'd much rather edit it there or be given some game.ini commands to use instead of using custom launch parameters on maps that arent really custom and take a chance on borking things to the point of unuseability.

SO you're telling us in order to reallow turrets being built on platform saddles, Turn off diseases and turn off the Breeding phase two stuff we now have to use custom maps set to the Island and the Center and use custom launch parameters? isn't there a way to add these options under the modify server configuration button? i'd much rather edit it there or be given some game.ini commands to use instead of using custom launch parameters on maps that arent really custom and take a chance on borking things to the point of unuseability.

Unfortunately whether a new command option is activated via command line or config file is a decision made by the game developers. Host providers have no ability to change how it functions. Once you figure out how to use the custom command line option and editing your ini files yourself and using FTP, it really is a better way to handle managing your server, it gives you much more control.

The devs decided to make things fun/interesting by making some options command line and some config. Not sure why they decided on that route, and I've repeatedly asked them to make the launch param options config options instead.

That said, an Advanced Launch Params line is coming that will cater to these type of settings without using the Custom map select. Since that feature is not done yet, simply switching to the Custom for now is the current way to do it. It's really only a matter of one restart and adding in the proper custom launch params. If you need help, just shoot us a ticket. =)

SO to allow platform saddle building and disable diseases for the island map the code should look like this ?

TheIsland?Multihome=167.114.211.102?Port=18315?QueryPort=18316?SessionName=LeutianKane?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=passwordhere?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18317?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk16778?OverideStructurePlatformPrevention=true?PreventDiseases=true

• 8 months later...

SO to allow platform saddle building and disable diseases for the island map the code should look like this ?

This is the only way to activate the option to use turret on dino platforms yet?

My friend´s server just inserted the parameter on INI file and it works...

Why I have to choose a Custom map to work!?  Even doing this and editing the ini parameter it did not work =//

I used this parameters:

TheCenter?Multihome=208.66.79.82?Port=18015?QueryPort=18016?SessionName=MatroX Teste?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=*******?ServerAdminPassword=*******?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18017?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk34751?
OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=True?
GameModIDs=817096835, 731604991, 630601751, 633831197, 655261420, 793605978, 554678442, 569786012, 816824313, 751991809, 517605531, 693416678?

Anything Wrong?

Thanks