Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

For anyone having mod mismatch

twiztid66

Hello folks,   one of the people on my server was having mod mismatch , even tho every single other person was fine .

we tried everything, i deleted the mods off the server, installed the mods directly from my comp(agonizing due to slow upload on my end) , got him to delete his mods folder, tried reinstalling ark , nothing worked.

Eventually he decided to reinstall steam, he uninstalled and deleted any leftover folders and whatnot , and low and behold , his game started working.   so the problem must be directly due to steam.

so TL;DR version, uninstall steam , delete any and all leftover folders/files,  and reinstall  (i know some have many games installed, but thats the only solution we found)

Have a good one folks, hope this helps anyone with the problem

Ouch, sounds like a headache.

I haven't had this issue but unsubscribing locally to the mod, deleting all the mod content locally, subscribing to the mod, and then opening up ARK (without connecting to any server) and waiting for it to re-download - should work. By "locally" I mean on your own computer. The files to remove would be in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\MODID

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\MODID.mod

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been having this issue since the update and I've been pulling my hair out all day installing and uninstalling and unsubscribing from mods. I really wish there was a way to make sure mods are updated and properly set up in your mods folder, it has been agonizing, and still no fix.

• 1 month later...

Found a fix for this, delete your mods folder, unsubscribe to all your mods and yes even the center map than restart steam/your pc , now go to your steam library and right click Ark properties, Local files tab than click verify game integrity cache. Now if its the same problem myself and many friends are having this should find 2.6 gb of missing ark files, update and you should be back to normal. :wink: hope it helps.