Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Editting Tamed Dino Stats Multiplier doesn't seem to work.

owldriver

Hi, I've got a problem.

I tried editting the tamed dino stats multiplier for HP and melee damage, and it doesn't seem to work for any values. I've already restarted the server to apply the changes. I've changed speed before, and there was definitely a change. It seems to only affect HP and melee dmg of Tamed Dinos.

Wondering if it's a problem on server's side or perhaps the game client?

To update on things!

I've editted the game.ini files within my server through FTP, after Ryan's suggestion.

I still don't see any changes to my current dino's stats after... however!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/451850020337433858/#p14

The comment, 2nd from the bottom (I think), from Drake, one of the devs did state that there is a problem.

Direct quote from Drake:

I was able to reproduce this problem for dedicated servers. It appears that the changes are overriding the Game.ini settings for str and hp. It is now on the bug tracker and surely will be addressed soon. Thank you everyone for putting in all this effort to try and find a variation of settings that work.

So it's definitely on the client's side.

It's fixed now in 231.2. We need a config option for this though because our already defaulted PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=1.00, needs to be changed to 0, for [8] as well. and then the other 4 lines added. You need these lines in your game.ini file:

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0

Yeap, the latest patch (v231.2) finally fixed it for me. Thanks, everyone!

P.S. I think you'll also need to add into the config options:

DinoHarvestingDamageMultiplier=3.0
PlayerHarvestingDamageMultiplier=1.0

They've changed in the patch notes where they said the values needed to be a 0 to 1 now.......which actually makes more sense to me, but does that mean if we have the overrides set to 0 we won't get any hp or melee when we level up our dinos? I'm confused, need to test this :P.

* INI Options for server admins to scale tamed dino stats:
Values we currently have defaulted, in content which server admins can override in their INI's (setting all the values to 1 will have it behave 'like it used to be'!):