Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Claiming Allowed! Bug Help

Bloodeagle

I'm helping run a server while my friend is at Twitchcon. We had just launched the server to the public, and one thing people are noticing now that people are coming on and exploring is that you can go to other people's dino's and claim them as your own. I had this happen to me with my Pterodon. I was trying to help these people, and the guy just claimed it and flew off. You get this message "Claiming Allowed!" When you hover over the dino, and can just press E to instantly have the dino. 

Looking up the issue, I can see one thing that might be affecting this. ARK implemented a Dino Decay/Unclaim timer. Now I believe that the timer is set to like 0 or something, and they instantly get claimable. It only works in PVE, which I then unchecked Disable PVP to get rid of, but for some reason, the server is still in PVE mode. 

I really need help with this as I want the server to get back up as soon as possible for these players. If anyone knows how to fix the claiming timer(because I don't see a setting I can change in the config area) or how to fix it from being PVE even though disable PVP is unchecked, please let me know as soon as you can.

Having another issue on the server. The last time I restarted the server was to implement that fix you added. An automatic restart just happened, and from what people are telling me, the server reverted back to that restart. All the progress made in the last 12 hours was lost. I then used "cheat saveworld" to save the world, and the restarted the server after changing the auto restart to 24 hours. When I logged back in, the server had reverted back to the same state( I know this because I had changed my location, and logging back in put me back in the same spot as before). Not sure how to fix this, and I'm feeling bad that people are losing progress to this. Any help would be appreciated.

Having another issue on the server. The last time I restarted the server was to implement that fix you added. An automatic restart just happened, and from what people are telling me, the server reverted back to that restart. All the progress made in the last 12 hours was lost. I then used "cheat saveworld" to save the world, and the restarted the server after changing the auto restart to 24 hours. When I logged back in, the server had reverted back to the same state( I know this because I had changed my location, and logging back in put me back in the same spot as before). Not sure how to fix this, and I'm feeling bad that people are losing progress to this. Any help would be appreciated.

Please put in a support ticket for this issue.