Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ticket #249792

samsso

Hello,

So I purchased an ARK server from you guys and it was supposed to be hosted in Dallas TX. Long story short, there was a bug that has it being hosted in France but showing that it's being hosted in Dallas TX. Your support offered to fix the issue by moving me to a Dallas server. I asked if this Dallas server would essentially move all of my current stuff over to the new server.

I was told that I will need to copy my files and then restore them to the new server. I know what files I modified to change the server settings to my preference so copying those and restoring them will be no problem at all. I inquired about copying the structures and tribes that are on my current server and was told I will need to copy those files as well. I asked which specific files to copy for the saved structures and tribes and was told to just copy everything.

2 hours later and 3,456 files copied, I still have 11,000 files to go. I am stopping this download. Could someone PLEASE tell me which specific files I will need to copy to the new server in order to restore my structures and tribes.

Same.  I was told to copy everything over so I started.  It was working for some time and then the FTP just started crapping out.

Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Could not connect to server

10% done and now I can't connect to get the remaining files.

It would be nice to know just the necessary bits, or at least have a consistent server to DL from.  Smaller amount of data would make it quicker and more easy to do.

I hope somebody posts that info.

You don't need all of those files, all you need are the ShooterGame\Saved\SavedARKXXXX (where XXXX = your game server ID) and any config files.

I would recommend a client like WinSCP for file transfers, I have not gotten the time out issues like that. Please create a support ticket for that FTP issue so we can look into it & resolve!

Thank you for the information Ryan. I assumed that would be all that I would need to save but I really wanted to make sure before my server does get relocated to Dallas. I have now replied to the support ticket requesting that my server be relocated to a Dallas data center.