Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

No Mods showing, just base game again?

Hunter

I have read everything, followed every tutorial and walk through. Had 3 mods running a few days ago with very little trouble except the initial learning curve.

Ark core update v200.x came and there was a lot of mods didnt work, ok then I wait for update. Updates came, forum posts full of servers back up and running again. Some running Aku Shima and Ark reborn which is the two I want to use and had been using.

Tried and tried again to get my serer going with these mods working but its still the base game, no engrams no AR dino's.

I have cleared the mod folder in the server and did a fresh install on a fresh wipe. Even tried standard gamesetting ini, tried starting without cmd or custom launch code, tried just one mod, tried changing the order of the mods. Nothing showing.

Had some issues where server was showing Shootergame as the map in the list of ARK servers. I really thought I had this all worked out but nothing I do will get these mods to run.

Id be eternally greatfull for any help.

serversettings I have a line    ActiveMod=479295136,485964701

In custom launch I have - and im gona paste the full thing as its a pile of mad code I really dont understand if I need it all or not but as I said it was working a few days ago and now im just lost.

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?GameModIds=479295136,485964701?Multihome=**.***.***.***?Port=*****?QueryPort=*****?SessionName=PURE PVE x3H,x5T,x3XP (Modsx2)?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=****?ServerAdminPassword=****?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=*****?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk****?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true

Don't worry man you're not alone, I am in the same boat. I believe v200 changed how mods are loaded or something.
Perhaps it stems from the new Server Manager Wildcard has released. It seems like a lot of people have gotten their mods working when using the new program. So maybe this issue affects a majority of us who rent servers through third parties instead of hosting one locally.  Regardless, albeit inconvenient it is a widespread problem and I'm sure a fix is on the horizon.

v200.0

* Super ARK Server Management Tool! manage all your mods visually, install new mods and total conversions, update mods, manage all server settings visually, connect to RCON, and soon enough do this all remotely!http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/

SurvivalServers needs to figure this out before we can roll the mod ball of yarn all over the floor again. And says next version will have support for remote connecting to dedicated servers. Figuratively......... 

Thanks, feel a bit better im not the only one.

Im not tec minded so I really dont understand what it is were waiting for to make them work.

Do we have to wait for Ark server Management tool to support rented servers?

Do the mods need reworked, do I need to do something to install properly.

Are we just left in limbo?

Is it survival servers side as everyone with a personally owned server at home can use mods just the same as before?

I mean the mods work on local single player, why on earth can i not just upload the files to the server and run them.

Is there really nothing I can do but sit here reading forum posts.

We have the same problem since ver 200, no mods working at all and it's really causing us issues and frankly now we are losing people. When items that used to exist and are now invisible are touched (like a wall that had a glass wall on) it causes the server to crash and we get 'huge' rollbacks. It's just been headaches since ver 200 and there is nothing here on this site on what to do with mods, no updates, no response to our tickets. We had them setup right and working using the .ini file 

Yep, at this point, the lack of support from the administrators of this server hosting site is making me seriously reconsider my renewal.  There are plenty of other server hosts that offer 24/7 support for the same/cheaper than this place.

I thought this one advertised 24/7 support but seems not to be the case so far. I noticed I only get tickets answered during normal working times in america. Which isnt so good for me in the UK.

Anyway I got a reply on steam from a guy called Face Wound. He clams to be the person working on the Tool and also developed ARKon.

Originally posted by Hunter:
So what about all of us that use rented servers?

"There will be a remote app to access this from a hosting, the hosting services will be able to install this when its done..
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/#c530649887208733080"

Other info from same person.

When the remote server wrapper is complete hosts will have the option to move over to use that and the features from the tool that you can do locally will be available on hosted solutions too, when the host switches it over to use it.   15 Aug @ 7:18pm

So I guess we are waiting until the Ark server manager allows remote access to a rented server. Then we have to wait for survival servers to install it. Then it actually has to work....

Literally the only reason I rented a server was to use mods and control the settings myself. If I wanted to play on a vanilla server there are 100's to pick from, id have no need to waste my money. Mildly frustrated is an understatement after troubleshooting this for days now, there was never any point trying to fix it on rented servers until ark get their finger out and fix the tool and SS actually implement it. Ill check back in 2 weeks.

Thank you for posting an update on this situation Hunter. I've been reading forum posts since the patch as well and all day at work today and at least what you posted from Steam sheds some kind of light on what is going on. Unfortunately I guess we now have to play the waiting game. Hopefully they don't prioritize the new premature SOTF gamemode and actually add the remote server functionality to their tool ASAP, unfortunately for us they have a track record of massively delaying stuff without any sort of notification or update on progress. I don't really blame SurvivalServers because they can only work with what they're given and have to adapt as the game continues to evolve, and Wildcard should have integrated the remote server capability before ever releasing their tool.

Our problem is that our server is now broken because of a missing mod and is pretty much unplayable because anytime anyone attempts to interact with the space once occupied by a no longer existent mod item, our server crashes.  Many of our members, can't progress because even interacting with items where the old mod item used to be causes crashes.  

v200.0

* Super ARK Server Management Tool! manage all your mods visually, install new mods and total conversions, update mods, manage all server settings visually, connect to RCON, and soon enough do this all remotely!http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/530649887208240167/

SurvivalServers needs to figure this out before we can roll the mod ball of yarn all over the floor again. And says next version will have support for remote connecting to dedicated servers. Figuratively......... 

This server manager tool is for people hosting mods on their own computer, not GSPs like us.

Here's a quick check list to go through when adding mods to your server.

• Do you have the mods uploaded in the \ShooterGame\Content\Mods\ folder like such?
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\479295136\
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\485964701\
  • Also are there .mod files in this folder for the above mod IDs?
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\479295136.mod
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\485964701.mod
  • Custom launch params add this option (make sure the hierarchy is per mod developer recommendation):
GameModIds=479295136,485964701

I am trying out the mod install on a test server, I'll post here when I have an update.

UPDATE: Works fine, just tested using the above method.

Our problem is that our server is now broken because of a missing mod and is pretty much unplayable because anytime anyone attempts to interact with the space once occupied by a no longer existent mod item, our server crashes.  Many of our members, can't progress because even interacting with items where the old mod item used to be causes crashes.  

I have the same issue on my server now. It`s total BS if you ask me. I cant even demolish without server crash. Now I have the most abstract ramp, house thingy because of this issue. And ofc there is nothing to be done about it since demolish = server crash eveytime.

I copied the mod folder from /shootergame/content/mod over to my Shootergame/gonfog/mod in the ftp. there is no 496936631.mod in the mod folder, just the .umap. added the custom lauch paramaters to add GameModIds=496936631, still nothing. And still server crashes because of this. And the mod workes perfectly on local server

Trying to have another go at getting these to work again.

Re-downloaded the newest versions of the mods I want. Had a stupid issue with the dl from steam and was speaking to the mod author for help and eventually got it downloaded.

So now I am sure I have the latest version of the mod folder im confused as I dont have any files in it or any others that are formated as a .mod file.

Also havent emptied my pc's trash can in a long time so I could check back to mod folders ive deleted in the past that were working on this server pre Ark version 200 and they also dont have any .mod files. There are INFO files named mod if thats what is meant?

Only other thing that is not very clear is the placement of the Custom launch param line containing the mod id's. GameModIds=479295136,485964701

Is this correct placement into the code:

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?GameModIds=479295136,485964701?Multihome=**.***.***.***?Port=*****?QueryPort=*****?SessionName=PURE PVE x3H,x5T,x3XP (Modsx2)?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=****?ServerAdminPassword=****?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=*****?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk****?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true

AkuShima recommends it to be first.

Update

Working, only change is I used a fresh GameUserSettings.ini  it also doesnt have ActiveMods=485964701,479295136 anywhere under the server settings so not sure if it needs it or if that was an issue if the mods are ref in the custom launch param

My launch paramaters was like that, did not work. I have always used /game/mods/496936631/Tester?listen?modid=496936631?mulitihome ect as my launch, but after the update to server not working anymore. This whole mod thing on the server is just bad. When will we get a Real guide on how to do it now that acctualy works?

Here's a quick check list to go through when adding mods to your server.

• Do you have the mods uploaded in the \ShooterGame\Content\Mods\ folder like such?
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\479295136\
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\485964701\
  • Also are there .mod files in this folder for the above mod IDs?
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\479295136.mod
\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\485964701.mod
  • Custom launch params add this option (make sure the hierarchy is per mod developer recommendation):
GameModIds=479295136,485964701

I am trying out the mod install on a test server, I'll post here when I have an update.

UPDATE: Works fine, just tested using the above method.

OMG! Thank you so much, Ryan. Life saver! I knew the load order was important. Taking the extra step to upload the .mod files to their respective folders saved the day! It should be pointed out that when you download mods from the Steam Workshop they are separated from their .mod files but both are located in the Mods folder. The .mod files are described as "Movie Clip"s on my Windows 7 machine. Thanks again!!!

I am trying to get sotf to load a mod (DinoOverhaul). Do i put in the mod number of both in GameModIds= ?

I have it all installed in server mod directory already just need it to load up.

___

Although somehow my server is running two mods again but I cant find these .mod files?

Go to your steam folder and search for .mod. If not there delete Mod# folder and re-check for its installation.

I think a small victory was achieved here today in the ever raging battle of man vs software. Had a full Ark update and several mod updates and all went well and nothing stopped working.

Those allusive .mod files I had deleted at some stage were refusing to download with steam, then couldnt download any mods for a while. Sub'd and un-sub'd over and over until steam gave up the goods.

Thanks all, I can actually go back to playing the game for a while.