Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

RCON Client Recommendation?

I realize it's early with the recent release of RCON access, but is there a recommended RCON client and will any RCON features be available through the Control Panel? Thanks.

Found this Click Here. Same guy that created Rusty RCON for Rust did it. After you download this go to settings and put in your server info. Your rcon Port is your port +2 i.e. game port 18715, then add 2 for rcon port = 18717.

Can we have a little more explications...

Everybody here with a "survival server" have a port+2 for RCON ?

This port+2 need to be add in our custom launc line ? like this => ?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32330

Why you dont post an official topic with all informations ? and why Mr Pennington tell us the RCON not work now ?????

I'm not sure why you went and tried to make everything difficult. It's basic common knowledge that servers have several ports. Steam port, query port, Rcon port. It doesn't need to be added to any custom line. If it did I would've posted it. My reply/instructions were simple and to the point. Look and see when that topic was even started. July 9th was when the topic was started and I had found it within 24 hours of it being released. Ryan is not a mind reader or a fortune teller of when things are released. With the game so new, I'm sure that he didn't know that such a tool was released yet. I just took a stab at it with crossed fingers and stumbled on to it. I was actually shocked myself that there was such a tool.

I added nothing to any command line, so no you don't! I downloaded this yesterday, installed it, put in my server credentials and that was it. Not hard or rocket science. I sent a message to Ryan letting him know that I found one. If he wants me to post the topic and pin it, I'm sure he will let me know. This was a simple reply to an already started thread. I saw no need to start a new topic with an already posed question.

Take a breath, guys. I appreciate the responses and have been using ARKon since release as I had positive experiences with Rusty. I was more posing the question of whether Survival Servers had a specific (preferred) recommendation for RCON client and if any of the RCON-type features would be available through SS's Control Panel interface. Figure it'll take time to figure out, just wanted to get the question out there. 

Have a great weekend!

ARKon tool  that Bilco posted a link to is a good start.. hopefully FaceWound will continue to update it...

there is another post by Ryan in here showing it as well as some hints to set it up...  See the first pinned post in this forum...