Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Dissatisfied with Service.

Oh look, another update !  But wait my server is failing to apply the update or its in an unknown status. 

How many times does this have to happen before you fix these issues? 

I am sick and tired of paying for a service that constantly causes me grief every time there is an update. 

Once again my server is offline in an unknown status and will not restart.

GAME SERVER ID #6893 Ticket #154432

Feeling your pain here.

Spent all day trying to wipe the server for a fresh start. Ive been in all states, last was unknown like yours.  I loaded a back up and it came up finally as ready to join but so far im unable to as it wont register on steam. 

Try to reinstall from back up, the drop down box at the bottom of your control panel, thats what i did, am now trying to connect to game .. feeling another ticket coming on

Anyways, good luck, hope all gets resolved for you

Thanks,

Already tried that, it instantly brings me back to the control panel and is still in unknown status. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reply from support.  Who knows how long that will take. 

At the beginnin my server stuck on STOPPED, I just change the location (becarefull is reset all your data on server) I select Germany and now he work perfectly !

Try this maybe :)

At the beginnin my server stuck on STOPPED, I just change the location (becarefull is reset all your data on server) I select Germany and now he work perfectly !

Try this maybe :)

No Thanks , the point of my frustration is the fact that it should be working about 95% or more of the time. I can understand a few bumps in the road but hours upon hours of the server being down with no way on my end to fix it is completely unacceptable when I'm paying for this.  

Unknowns do happen from time to time due to server malfunctions, hardware failures, DDoS, and other service interruptions.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we do everything we can to resolve them quickly.

All servers are currently online right now, two of the unknowns were fixed yesterday morning and one was fixed this morning.

So my experience with this problem is that it has always shown unknown for me after loading a new update until I join the server through steams server list. After that it updates and suddenly says its ready to join. I have yet to have any problem with this host other than that for what they are providing it is rather expensive (especially with the constant reduction in requirements to run a server on the developers end), but not much more than similar services so I personally at least would have to say im 90%ish satisfied with this site. Wish I could be of more help with your error but my experience clearly must be different than yours the only time ive been unable to access my server is immediately following a game update that im guessing is the result of incompatible versions and not the fault of the hosting site.

People need to realize that every problem is not Survival Servers fault.  When a new patch comes out, the server needs to download it from steam.  If tons of people and servers are doing this, then it can take a looooong time.  It seems like if it takes to long, the server may time out and get stuck in an unknown state.  You can try restarting and updating again as well. 

If this is something that happens over and over again, I would need to wonder if you have modified your INI files in some way that is conflicting with new updates when they come out.  This also would not be SS fault.

My first couple of days my server was rough getting up.  After that, things have worked extremely well.