Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

GameUserSettings.ini changes

Luna

When I did the last update – my GameUserSettings.ini change so that all the ‘new’ settings options diapered – Anyone else had this happen ?

The options that diapered where the once controlling taming time, Harvest and player drain.

Can I just add them again ? or did they get removed from the game settings options ?

I can confirm that all the new custom settings are gone. Thats the right place @ Luna, mine are gone as well. The server settings have been moved to the top of the text doc, instead of under the other settings, and all but the old settings have been removed.

i am having the same issue right now. i can not pick up any rocks berries farm trees etc..i can still kill dino's just cant gather anything in the game to craft items. things were working great last night before the update now i cant do anything..any work around or fix?

Same thing has happened to me but when i looked into it i noticed the files are now in /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/CleanSourceConfigs. Upon changing these settings though they all revert back to their original settings.

Hopefully this can be rectified soon as i will not be able to unlock my server until i can change these settings.

EDIT: Found the Fix to this problem.

Open your GameUserSettings.ini in /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer and scroll to the very bottom and hit enter 2x then paste [serverSettings] then below it copy over the contents of /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/CleanSourceConfigs/GameUserSettings.ini that you want in your game and it works fine.

Example:

[serverSettings]
NoTributeDownloads=True
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=False
ServerPassword=******
ServerAdminPassword=*********
KickIdlePlayersPeriod=2400.000000
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15.000000
DifficultyOffset=1.000000
StructureDamageMultiplier=.025000
StructureResistanceMultiplier=.025000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=3.000000