Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

updating server dayz mod vanilla

sacmo

I need some help with doing this. I put in a support ticket however due to them being too busy with ARK I was informed it will be a few weeks until they can update dayz.

So that leaves me to getting some help here. Do we need access to do this? arma 2 and dayz updates ?

Or can we do it via Ftp ?

Nah we cant update arma 2 since its restricted access, so we gotta have SS do it.

We will need to go to another provider since they said they dont have time to update the mod due to ARK. Thanks for your time anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no restricted access to DLL files or database tables & events. You can perform an entire update on your own, it's relatively simple.

1. Stop server
  2. (for this to work properly make sure you already have DayZMod installed)
  3. Log in via FTP
  4. Delete existing @DayZ folder and create a new one
  5. In the new @DayZ folder, make an "addons" folder (no quotes) and drop all of the @DayZ 1.8.6.1 files there
  6. Upload new mission, server file, dll files per the DayZmod post linked above
  7. Make any necessary database changes (if there are any)
  8. Start server

I know it's not ideal, it's easier to just update from the control panel. We are a little behind on the DayZMod updates. It's partly because of the ARK updates we've been doing and partly because infISTAR has not provided us with updates for that mod.