Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Reduce time between saveworlds

Exivus

Is there a standard way I can reduce the time the server saves the world? We're getting restarts and crashes and they seem to result in 45m rollbacks. How can I get that reduced to 10m or less?

No, there is currently not a way to reduce the time in which this occurs. I would suggest you disable automatic restarts on your server till the game developers reduce the saveworld time interval.

What is the default time?

Does "cheat saveworld" still work for manual executions? If so, how long does it take to execute the manual saveworld in people's experience?

Thanks. To my first question, though - what is the default saveworld interval the server does on its own (automatically). Is it 45 min? 1hr? Something else?

Thanks. To my first question, though - what is the default saveworld interval the server does on its own (automatically). Is it 45 min? 1hr? Something else?

For me i'ts an intervall of 3 houres.

the server auto saves every 30 mins.  Use your FTP link to watch the files be saved.  Its also how i figured out down to the min when my 12 hour restart was going to happen (Have taken auto restarts off and just manually save and tell people to GTFO).

Finally - some fellow admins I can talk to. So are we just relegated to manually saveworld'ing if we want to reduce this 30m-1hr automatic saveworld time?

I just turned off auto restarts and manually do it every day now when no one is on to update.   I did have an issue where I could not get the world to save even with the commands the other day for some reason.  I have not tried it yet since the update to 177 since I haven't rebooted today.  I really wish they would give us an option to change the delay though.  Oh and for the auto restarts let us choose a time instead of just a range.  IE I can tell mine to reboot every morning.