Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Launch Commands

Ecka

Commandline Argument Effect ServerPVE Disables PvP, you are not able to kill other players ServerHardcore When you die, your character is wiped to level 1 ServerCrosshair Turns on a crosshair ServerForceNoHud Disables the floating names AltSaveDirectoryName Saves server data to an alternate directory GlobalVoiceChat Voice chat is global, everyone can hear each other NoTributeDownloads Turns off outside downloads of characters/dinos AllowThirdPersonPlayer Enables 3rd person mode AllowsNotifyPlayerLeft Displays message when someone leaves the server DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined Disables message when someone joins the server MapPlayerLocation Shows your location on the map DifficultyOffset=0 to 1 Changes the difficulty on the server, 0 being normal and 1 being x3 harder and more loot bDisableStructureDecayPVE Enables whether structures decay or not if left unattended bAllowFlyerCarryPVE Determines whether or not flying dinosaurs can carry MaxStructuresInRange=1300 Changes the amount of structures allowed within a certain range EnablePVPGamma Allows you to turn gamma on for your server at night DayCycleSpeedScale=1 Changes the length of daytime NightTimeSpeedScale=1 Changes the length of nighttime DayTimeSpeedScale=1 Changes the speed daytime occurs DinoDamageMultiplier=1.000000 Changes the amount of damage dealt by dinosaurs PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.000000 Changes the amount of damage dealt by players StructureDamageMultiplier=1.000000 Changes the amount of damage structures can take PlayerResistanceMultiplier=1.000000 Changes players resistance DinoResistanceMultiplier=1.000000 Changes dinosaurs resistance StructureResistanceMultiplier=1.000000 Changes structure resistance XPMultiplier=1.000000 Changes the amount of XP gained TamingSpeedMultiplier=1 Changes the speed of taming HarvestAmountMultiplier=1 Changes the amount of materials gained from harvesting PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1 Changes how fast player water drains PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1 Changes how fast player food drains DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1 Changes how fast dinosaur food drains PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=1 Changes how fast player stamina drains DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=1 Changes how fast dinosaur stamina drains PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=1 Changes player health recovery rate DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=1 Changes dinosaur health recovery rate DinoCountMultiplier=1 Changes the amount of dinosaurs HarvestHealthMultiplier=1 Changes the harvest health multiplier PvEStructureDecayDestructionPeriod=0 Changes the structure decay period

ok ty   :-)  btw any changes we make do they persist through server restarts or do we need to enter server changes every update / restart  ie if i wanted to make my server pve would it stay pve once i made the changes once ??

also do u know if there is a command to change the length of day night cycle yet . i feel it is far to quick atm .

and again in the admincheats command im wondering if there will be a command line to give a certain player any item i please ?? i know we can give ourself items but wondering if i can give any player an item .  

These commands need to be used as commandline arguments when launching the server. You can not activate them in-game.

An example would be

Server.exe TheIsland?listen?ServerCrosshair?AllowThirdPersonPlayer?MapPlayerLocation

anyone know what he means by commandline arguments ??

These commands need to be used as commandline arguments when launching the server. You can not activate them in-game.

An example would be

Server.exe TheIsland?listen?ServerCrosshair?AllowThirdPersonPlayer?MapPlayerLocation

anyone know what he means by commandline arguments ??

Ya I just looked into it. There is a special launch option you can out those parameters into on your cpanel. BUT DON'T DO IT YET! Apparently the host is still getting this feature working. I tried it last night and it crashed the server and wouldn't come back up till we switched locations.

If you want launch your serv with some features, i have try maplocation and crosshair it's work ;)

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMap/TheIsland?Multihome=IPHERE?Port=PORTHERE?QueryPort=QUERYPORT?SessionName=OPTIONAL?MaxPlayers=50?listen?ServerPassword=SOMEPASS?ServerAdminPassword=SOMEPASS?ServerCrosshair?AllowThirdPersonPlayer?MapPlayerLocation?NoTributeDownloads

If you want launch your serv with some features, i have try maplocation and crosshair it's work ;)

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMap/TheIsland?Multihome=IPHERE?Port=PORTHERE?QueryPort=QUERYPORT?SessionName=OPTIONAL?MaxPlayers=50?listen?ServerPassword=SOMEPASS?ServerAdminPassword=SOMEPASS?ServerCrosshair?AllowThirdPersonPlayer?MapPlayerLocation?NoTributeDownloads

where is this file loacation ?

is it in the ftp ?

and is this for multiplayer servers or jus local ?

For doing the launch options do we fill in our server IP/port/name/passwords in? Also what is the Queryport?

I type these commands and get no response, after typing admincheat fly the console disappears and I cant bring it up with out restarting the game.......

If I launch my server with the command that the (i) box recommends, it refuses to start. First time it threw an error saying that the text is too long and limit it to less than 255. I shortened it a few commands and now it's just borked. I had to uncheck the box before the server would start.

I only want to add "?MapPlayerLocation?ServerCrosshair" to the Server.

So I tried updating my command line with this because the new update serversettings didnt work for my server and the cpanel said the commandline accepts up to 255 characters. This is my code

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=167.114.172.219?Port=18915?QueryPort=18916?SessionName=SevenSatrapsRP?MaxPlayers=50?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=poopisloob?ServerPVE=true?ServerCrosshair=true?MapPlayerLocation=true?DifficultyOffset=.5

I added =true to some of them because of the dev said thats how they work with the update. Is this not correct?

I tried loading my server with this command, my info inserted, but it seems to stick on the reloading screen with the red bar.

So I tried updating my command line with this because the new update serversettings didnt work for my server and the cpanel said the commandline accepts up to 255 characters. This is my code

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=167.114.172.219?Port=18915?QueryPort=18916?SessionName=SevenSatrapsRP?MaxPlayers=50?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=poopisloob?ServerPVE=true?ServerCrosshair=true?MapPlayerLocation=true?DifficultyOffset=.5

I added =true to some of them because of the dev said thats how they work with the update. Is this not correct?

Might want to change your password now that you've shown everyone it :D

snip

ServerCrosshairs=true

That one needs an "S" at the end.

Server Launch commands

ServerPVE: Disables PVP, you are not able to kill other players.

ServerHardcore: When you die, your character is wiped to level 1.

ServerCrosshair: Turns on a crosshair.

ServerForceNoHUD: Disables the floating names.

AltSaveDirectoryName: Saves server data to an alternate directory.

GlobalVoiceChat: Voice chat is global, everyone can hear each other.

NoTributeDownloads: Turns off outside downloads of characters/dinos. 

AllowThirdPersonPlayer: Enables 3rd person mode (needs testing)

AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft: Displays message when someone leaves the server.

DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined: Disables message when someone joins the server.

MapPlayerLocation: Shows your location on the map.

DifficultyOffset=0 to 1: Changes the difficulty on the server, 0 being normal and 1 being x3 harder and more loot.

Not really interested in the cheat commands, but I want to setup my server properly.  I'm not sure I understand exactly what I need to do.  I know I need to enter some form of these commands at my control panel, but not sure on the proper format.

This is what I want.

ServerPVE: PVP on

ServerHardcore: Not hardcore

ServerCrosshair: Crosshair on

ServerForceNoHUD: Keep Hud

AltSaveDirectoryName: Normal

GlobalVoiceChat: global voice

NoTributeDownloads: Want downloads

AllowThirdPersonPlayer: No 3rd Person

AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft: Display message when someone leaves the server.

DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined: SHow joined message

MapPlayerLocation: Show your location on the map.

DifficultyOffset=0 to 1: Set as hard as possible.

I'm also a little confused.  In the server settings I thought there were 2 separate commands for allowing char downloads and for tribute downloads (which I thought was the gifts from the pillars of light).

I still can't get this to work.  I went in through FTP and changed the settings that I wanted, but they don't appear in game.  I also tried the command lines from the console and nothing changes.

I finally got the player map location working by editing the .ini (thank you for not overwriting it every server reboot now)

The command line param listed in the OP is wrong. it is not MapPlayerLocation it is ShowMapPlayerLocation.

In order to get it working via the .ini you add it to the [server Settings] section as : ShowMapPlayerLocation=True

I finally got the player map location working by editing the .ini (thank you for not overwriting it every server reboot now)

Our backend is not writing anything on the .ini file right now - just FYI, it's the game doing that when you have a wonky/incorrect launch params line.

Also FYI you should just be able to add ShowMapPlayerLocation=True in the title.

I cannot get any of the settings changed through the command line in control panel

all i want is ?showmapplayerlocation and ?ServerCrosshairs