Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

171.1 update

So quick question. When we do updates to our servers is 60 minutes how long we need to wait from when server starts to when we should wait for it to go from "loading" to "ready to join"? Just making sure cause if it takes longer for these servers to update, I don't want to do another restart to fix it if it's still updating or something.

60 minutes is a long estimate, if your server has already been setup (IE you have all 13.9 gb of ARK data) and you are just updating to the latest ARK patch, it's more like 2-3 minutes

So then the fact it's had a "loading" status for 60 minutes means I should just go ahead and restart?

with all the updates though sometime i will update the server and a they will update the client again and thats were sometime we run into problems

a professioanl company would sched patches every day at the same time once servers are stable

eg: 8am PST roll one patch a day

butttttttttttt long gone are the good ol days

Not looking very promising right now. Updated from v170.1 to v171.0 and had "loading" status for an hour. Did another update to try and fix it and v171.0 to v171.21 has been stuck in "loading" status for 20 minutes now. Over half the servers on the list have 0 people playing for one reason or another and with 4000+ servers, that's just bad juju.

i agree, running a server is never easy,  I co-owned and helped run a Tekkit minecraft server for a year and we were top 3 in the world for almost 6 months, i'll tell you it not is piece of cake.(most stress in my life)  but with new games everyone wants a server but really doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Well, I got tired of trying to get my server to not be stuck in "loading" status, so I moved from Los Angeles to Dallas and now I'm getting the white screen and unable to connect to my server console to do anything.

Ok, I updated my help ticket with current situation and will wait till someone manually fixes my server issue. I saw the tweet that new servers were available in Dallas, which is why I moved my location from Los Angeles to there. However, with this white screen, we are unable to do anything to our server since we can no longer access our server console.

Server# 5838

Ticket# 857669

Guess what, went to bed with white screen in Dallas and woke up to an unknown status in France. No offense, but having access to a cross Atlantic server is a useless fix. So I decided to switch back to a US server and had New York and Dallas to choose from, both of which have given me white screen issues in the past. So I went with Dallas thinking it had new hardware available according to your tweet. Well, it took all of 5 seconds to be right back into a white screen issue. It's been 4 days of never ending problems and data wipes because every server cluster has issues and no, I can't connect to the FTP data files to save because every time I try, it's saying it's the wrong port. I just want to point out that 50% of my issues have been confirmed hardware issues. If this was all due to software and the fact Ark is pushing out mad updates, fine, but that isn't the case.

We're working on it. I have about a couple hundred US stock coming in this evening that should address the issue.

The higher pings should be playable for most/all US customers in the mean time.

Database rollback/transfer feature should be coming soon as well to allow cross location database moves.

(of course you can still manually make a copy of your SavedArks directory for upload too until this is done)