Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Nothing Spawns After Scheduled Restart

Vladick

Hey All,

I'm running DayZ Chernarus 1.8.3 (Vanilla) and I've noticed something very disturbing that occurs randomly. Occasionally, following a scheduled restart, all of the vehicles, stashes and tents that were previously in the map do not spawn in. The players have all of their gear, but everything else on the map that should spawn back in is gone. This has happened four or five times in the past month that I know of and probably several other times that I don't know about. When it happens and I'm online, I can just restart the server manually in the cpanel with the green bar and everything returns. But when I am not online and this happens, players have to wait another four hours for the next scheduled restart and hopefully that fixes it. This has happened several times and players have complained to me about how frustrating it is that they are out driving around in their vehicle, a scheduled restart occurs, and their vehicle is then gone. Probably several players have logged and not returned already.

Everything seems to work fine after a manual restart so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the scheduled restarts not loading the database or something. This happened on another server I used to play on. I think it was also hosted by Survival Servers. One day everything just stopped spawning in on restart and you would have to check back in after the next one. Very frustrating!

Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be causing this to happen? I have submitted a support ticket to SS and sure would like to get this issue resolved as it is a very large problem in the eyes of my players.

Thanks for any information you might have,

Vladick

Hey All,

I'm running DayZ Chernarus 1.8.3 (Vanilla) and I've noticed something very disturbing that occurs randomly. Occasionally, following a scheduled restart, all of the vehicles, stashes and tents that were previously in the map do not spawn in. The players have all of their gear, but everything else on the map that should spawn back in is gone. This has happened four or five times in the past month that I know of and probably several other times that I don't know about. When it happens and I'm online, I can just restart the server manually in the cpanel with the green bar and everything returns. But when I am not online and this happens, players have to wait another four hours for the next scheduled restart and hopefully that fixes it. This has happened several times and players have complained to me about how frustrating it is that they are out driving around in their vehicle, a scheduled restart occurs, and their vehicle is then gone. Probably several players have logged and not returned already.

Everything seems to work fine after a manual restart so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the scheduled restarts not loading the database or something. This happened on another server I used to play on. I think it was also hosted by Survival Servers. One day everything just stopped spawning in on restart and you would have to check back in after the next one. Very frustrating!

Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be causing this to happen? I have submitted a support ticket to SS and sure would like to get this issue resolved as it is a very large problem in the eyes of my players.

Thanks for any information you might have,

Vladick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steven, I've been told that this line in the init.sqf in the Mission file needs to be set to 0 or it conflicts with InfiStar. Ryan said he is not 100 percent certain this is the cause of my issues but it's a good place to start. Since I made this change, the server seems to be having less issues and the lag isn't as bad as it was. Anyway, thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else.

dayz_REsec = 1; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

This needs to be 0 for infiSTAR to function properly, they conflict with eachother.

Thanks,

Vladick