Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FTP Access?

Rob Smith

I haven't seen where I can access an FTP at all? Also the server port is wrong on the website and in the ini file we had to scan the IP to find the port. I see no way to save state or get a backup but there's an option to load a backup? Am I to assume that once the server isn't paid for all our data is lost?

Are you familiar with FTP clients? You would download a third party client, such as WinSCP or Filezilla. The FTP details should be listed in your control panel. You are free to back up the data from the server using FTP at any time. If you need further assistance with FTP and getting connected, submit a support ticket as the issue is account specific, don't want FTP credentials floating around the forums!

Unless it's on there in some obscure manner or tucked into the scum ini for some reason? I see nothing about an FTP the only thing that is even an address is the one for the server itself. Which sure I can FTP to that IP address but none of my passwords work for that. There is nothing specifically mentioned about FTP on the control panel.

Also yes I am familiar with FTP clients I have WinSCP and that's what I tried. It does accept a connection with the username but none of the passwords work. Not my account password, server password, or the default password you all put for admin in the INI file. 

Edited by Rob Smith
Updated reply

Apologies, I did not realize this post was for SCUM. Unfortunately the Devs disallowed us from granting FTP access to users, so the only file that is accessible is the INI file that is editable through our in control panel tool. Unsure if this will change in the future. Again, sorry for overlooking that.