Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Local save folder - when will it be available?

JBruzy

Why does this host feel the need to restrict what customers can do with an FTP? Let customers access the save folder themselves instead of ONLY using the .zip method or support tickets. If some customers want to do it that way fine, but don’t limit everyone because you guys think SOME people find using a FTP difficult. So much time could be saved if world saves, admin list, banned list, and whitelists could be accessed by the CUSTOMER. Why do you guys need to have so much control? Stop assuming everyone can’t use an FTP.

We don't restrict it. The save files are located in a different, non-shared directory because of the way the game was initially set up. The files you see there are symbolic links and not able to be uploaded via FTP. That's why we have a Save Upload tool. It functions exactly the same way.

I am aware that they changed the way saves can be done locally to a folder of choosing but moving the save files from the shared dir to local takes some time for us to build out.

It is in progress and we should be able to roll out the local save folder (for your .db/.fwl and admin/whitelist/ban list) next week.

• Ryan Pennington changed the title to Local save folder - when will it be available?
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as how my *Jeopardy music plays* comment was deleted, ill ask a legitimate question...... What is the ETA of whitelists, bans, admin, etc? We have heard a week, and next week about 2-3 weeks ago. I've also noticed that the staff on this forum have been avoiding questions pertaining to this issue. If you don't know say you don't know, or if you guys aren't planning to allow your customers to have control over these files let us know...

Side note: I also see comments from staff getting edited, you know what I'm talking about.....

• 5 weeks later...

If I'd have known access was so restricted I'd likely have used a better host, as it is I'll probably shift after a month... that's assuming the save file upload even works... ticket opened about that...