Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Uploading my world into the server, world isnt showing up

ActuallySofu

I wanted to move the server location and shortly after I did that reuploaded my world file from my personal worlds nothing is there just a fresh new world. Im not sure what im doing wrong ive followed the threads but nothing really helps.

2 minutes ago, Blisto said:

It worked when I moved my server back and forth and then reuploaded. 

I'm guessing you have both files zipped up? Does it work in single player? 

They are zipped, I even deleted that zip and remade a new one with a diffrent name. The server wont delete a world either. I did some testing just to see. Ive ticked the box for deleting my world restarted but still load into the world that i got after i moved my server from NY to LA. Ive even moved my server back to NY and its still the same. My zip file just wont be read or something. I still have my world and its fully functional.

When i uploaded the zip file i made sure it was named the same as the world files within. But i don't know if it actually matters.
Do you use the Windows inbuilt zip function or some other program to zip the files?

Maybe SS can fix it through a suppot ticket.

They've tried to convert it manually, but they said my .db file is corrupted and can't be converted, so it fail to upload. But I've tried using it solo and in my dedicated server from my PC it works fine. Well... I've no other ideas, I'm stuck playing with my PC always on.

so i switched servers from seattle to singapore then tried deleting the world then nreuploading the backup world still it doesn't reflect the changes, also on the ftp there is no link showing the db file.

[SOLVED FOR MY CASE]

Since my case is solved, I'd like to share in this forum. I want to thank you to Luke for helping me upload my world to the server.

My issue:

1. Tried to upload my world (.db and .fwl) many times, but it failed to upload and always start with new world.
  2. There's only 1 .fwl file in my server, which is the default world.

Step to solve:

1. I was hopless after a couple of hours so I raise a ticket, ask them to upload my world manually.
  2. They said their converter failed to convert my .db files because it was corrupted. Hence, it failed to upload to the server.
  3. I open my world locally, play a solo player, then exit the game. The .db file is updated.
  4. Sent the updated .db and .fwl again in the ticket.
  5. And Luke said its successfully converted.

I hope this information is useful.