Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Interested in renting a server

Mackke

Hello, I am interested in renting a dedicated server and was curious on server performance. My friends and I are east coast based.

Just looking for a persistent world we can jump in an out to continue creation without whoever is hosting the game having to be online.

Thank you

I've rented a server here and have been playing on it since the game launched. Performance has overall been good. Have had some lag issues but I feel like most of those can be attributed to the game itself and have been easily fixed by either relogging or restarting the server. Our server is located in Dallas and I have friends playing from California, Florida, and Pennsylvania with no issues.

Thank you for the reply, yes i was interested in the $15.00 monthly charge for a 10 slot.

This would be the first time I have ever rented a server, it does not seem like the developer them selves have any Official servers yet. 

2 hours ago, Dragonstripes said:

I've rented a server here and have been playing on it since the game launched. Performance has overall been good. Have had some lag issues but I feel like most of those can be attributed to the game itself and have been easily fixed by either relogging or restarting the server. Our server is located in Dallas and I have friends playing from California, Florida, and Pennsylvania with no issues.

Setup with minutes upon purchase?

I appreciate the information. 

Setup with minutes upon purchase?

In my case, no.

I ordered a $15 a month server through Dallas this morning about 8:43am CST and it isn't working. I created a support ticket at 9:13am after trying to get it to work for awhile and have yet to get a reply (3 hours have passed so far as of time of writing).

So not instant, it may take awhile due to high demand.

Last edit: Support got back to me about 3.5 hours after ticket creation which was shorter than the time estimated when creating the ticket. Turns out it just needed a forced update through the panel. Perhaps your server would be ready to go right away! Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I also just rented a Valheim server here a few days ago and so far have been pleased with my own experience. I don't have much experience though in server rentals so am drawing on limited background and knowledge. I am in PA with friends in Nebraska. The server location I requested was in New York. I can't say I have experience much in the way of lag as in comparison to just moments where the game pauses to either save the map or characters. Or when things pause a moment to render. But overall I have been pleased.

That being said the only thing I did note was that after a custom restart time I set up the game didn't seem to restart. Only happened once so far but I noticed it and just started it myself. So really no biggie I usually check the status before I log in anyhow.

Oh and on the topic of set up. It really was quite....mmmm easy even for a novice like myself. It took me a lil to understand everything exactly but it was relatively pain free IMHO. I certainly couldn't complain about it.

Your mileage may vary though.....