Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New server upload option doesn't work

Giffin

15 hours ago, Capps said:

We are working on a system to allow you to upload your own data, until then submit a support ticket with your worlds .db and .fwl file and we can upload it!

Looking forward to that!

• Ryan Pennington changed the title to Importing a world save from a local to game server
8 hours ago, Ryan Pennington said:

Yes, we have a method in place to do this!

Please create a ticket and we'll handle that. Upload your .db/.fwl file.

Awesome thank you it has been sent in just waiting for reply!

When uploading your save files to our ticket panel please place both the .db and .fwl files into a zip file! You can locate these files at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

Also to expedite the process please include [Valheim Upload] in the ticket name!

On 2/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, Ryan Pennington said:

Yes, we have a method in place to do this!

Please create a ticket and we'll handle that. Upload your .db/.fwl file.

Zip... ahh

2 hours ago, Placopate said:

I have sent both files to the support but the seed is not the same, anything to help me? 

I had the same thing happen.  I added my seed to the ticket hoping they can reload my save with that seed.  There are no controls in the control panel to do this ourselves but I'm sure they are working on it.  Game only came out a few days ago :)

Followed instructions to submit the ticket correctly, they got to me overnight and I believe applied it because I see the last restart reflects around when a support rep answered the ticket saying it'll be applied soon. I spawned in again at the circle. However, it did not spawn me at the circle in our save, still the one the server started with. Looks like someone else had this problem too. I provided the seed, but I can't verify if that was modified.

Only detail I can provide, is the .db and .fwl files are from my friend who's local save we've been playing on using the server option through the game. I didn't think it would matter, but now worth noting I suppose to help add information to evaluate discrepancies for a root cause.

I'm not exactly sure we want to do it anyway, I mean look at this start:

https://imgur.com/a/k8NMg5v

*Updated at bottom*

I have been trying to get my server uploaded for about 18 hours now.  I've tried multiple times with the new server upload.  I am in contact with someone over a support ticket and he failed to upload our server file as well and said he will be trying a new method.  This was over an hour ago and still nothing.  The back and forth time on the support tickets is way too long.  We should be given access to the FTP so we can do this ourselves.

*UPDATE*  They attempted to manually add the files I sent them via a Service Ticket and the server still isn't using my files.  Cmon guys.

12 hours ago, MrPlayer said:

Why do they make the process so difficult? Other providers let you just FTP your world files into the world folders and then let you edit the start.bat file yourself to control which world is used.

Because most people don't get how to use FTP? How difficult is it to zip up files and drag and drop them on a browse input and click Save? Lol

40 minutes ago, Ryan Pennington said:

Because most people don't get how to use FTP? How difficult is it to zip up files and drag and drop them on a browse input and click Save? Lol

It's difficult because A) the process doesn't work at all and B) your devs now have to implement an entire new script for users to upload or download files that also have the potential to break. 

Also, yeah the .zip upload doesn't work at all, not just sometimes. I have been trying every 5 minutes or so for the last hour. 

edit : zip upload doesn't work, but Ryan took care of it pretty quick through a support ticket (< 1 hour) and unlike others it seems to be working. Thanks Ryan!