Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Custom Death Messages

Vladick

Hi there,

Has anyone been able to implement custom death messages on a SS server? Whenever someone is killed, I'd like a global message to appear that says,

"Variable_victim was killed by variable_player with a variable_weapon from variable_m(meters).

I have seen plenty of options for implementation on the web and they are all somewhat different. I have learned enough to know by now that SS does things a bit differently. I also see in the epochconfig.sqf the following code:

//Customize Death Messages

//Enables global chat messaging of player deaths. (Also requires enableRadio true;?) (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = false;

//Enables side chat messaging of player deaths. (Also requires enableRadio true;?) (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgSide = false;

//Enables global title text messaging of player deaths. (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = false;

And this:

//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

enableRadio false;

But am skeptical that changing these to true will do what I want it to do. I have not tried it yet.

Anyone have this working on their server and want to share the solution?

Thanks!

Vladick

Hi there,

Has anyone been able to implement custom death messages on a SS server? Whenever someone is killed, I'd like a global message to appear that says,

"Variable_victim was killed by variable_player with a variable_weapon from variable_m(meters).

I have seen plenty of options for implementation on the web and they are all somewhat different. I have learned enough to know by now that SS does things a bit differently. I also see in the epochconfig.sqf the following code:

//Customize Death Messages

//Enables global chat messaging of player deaths. (Also requires enableRadio true;?) (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = false;

//Enables side chat messaging of player deaths. (Also requires enableRadio true;?) (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgSide = false;

//Enables global title text messaging of player deaths. (Default: false)

DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = false;

And this:

//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

enableRadio false;

But am skeptical that changing these to true will do what I want it to do. I have not tried it yet.

Anyone have this working on their server and want to share the solution?

Thanks!

Vladick

No worries. You just spoiled me with your previous quick replies I guess:)

Anyway, I found this wiki about death messages:

http://dayz.st/w/Kill_Messages

It looks pretty straight forward except of the part about editing the BattlEye files at the end (see below). Not sure where to find those files...

BattlEye Edits

THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT, SKIPPING IT CAN LEAD TO PLAYERS GETTING KICKED ON YOUR SERVER.

Open BattlEye/mpeventhandler.txt

find following lines:

5 "spawn" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2" !="spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

5 "this" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';" !="_v setVehicleInit format [\"[this, %1, %2,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn\",_int, _t];" !="_v setVehicleInit \"[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction\";" !="if((local(_this select 0))or(isServer))then{_this call fnc_plyrHit_local;};" !="if(local(_this select 0))then{_this call fnc_plyrDead_local;};"

and replace that with:

1 "spawn" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2" !="spawn BIS_Effects_Burn" !="spawn fnc_plyrHit" !"fnc_plyrHit.sqf" !"server_playerSetup.sqf" !"server_playerDied.sqf"

1 "this" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';" !="this spawn fnc_plyrHit" !="_v setVehicleInit format [\"[this, %1, %2,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn\",_int, _t];" !="_v setVehicleInit \"[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction\";" !="if((local(_this select 0))or(isServer))then{_this call fnc_plyrHit_local;};" !="if(local(_this select 0))then{_this call fnc_plyrDead_local;};"

Open BattlEye/remoteexec.txt

find following line:

5 fnc_

and replace that with:

1 fnc_

Thanks!

Vladick

No worries. You just spoiled me with your previous quick replies I guess:)

Anyway, I found this wiki about death messages:

http://dayz.st/w/Kill_Messages

It looks pretty straight forward except of the part about editing the BattlEye files at the end (see below). Not sure where to find those files...

BattlEye Edits

THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT, SKIPPING IT CAN LEAD TO PLAYERS GETTING KICKED ON YOUR SERVER.

Open BattlEye/mpeventhandler.txt

find following lines:

5 "spawn" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2" !="spawn BIS_Effects_Burn"

5 "this" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';" !="_v setVehicleInit format [\"[this, %1, %2,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn\",_int, _t];" !="_v setVehicleInit \"[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction\";" !="if((local(_this select 0))or(isServer))then{_this call fnc_plyrHit_local;};" !="if(local(_this select 0))then{_this call fnc_plyrDead_local;};"

and replace that with:

1 "spawn" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction" !="spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2" !="spawn BIS_Effects_Burn" !="spawn fnc_plyrHit" !"fnc_plyrHit.sqf" !"server_playerSetup.sqf" !"server_playerDied.sqf"

1 "this" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';" !="this spawn fnc_plyrHit" !="_v setVehicleInit format [\"[this, %1, %2,false,true]spawn BIS_Effects_Burn\",_int, _t];" !="_v setVehicleInit \"[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction\";" !="if((local(_this select 0))or(isServer))then{_this call fnc_plyrHit_local;};" !="if(local(_this select 0))then{_this call fnc_plyrDead_local;};"

Open BattlEye/remoteexec.txt

find following line:

5 fnc_

and replace that with:

1 fnc_

Thanks!

Vladick