Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Working on files?

Lauver

Alright.. I have now bought a server, been playing on it for a while etc.. but I see everywhere it is possible to mod your server even more than with just the standard tools... for example edit the mission.pbo etc.. HOW do I do this?! I can't seem to open the PBO file, and which pbo file should I open?? I would like to add things like HALO jump, edit location of heli crashes, and add a vodnik, and maybe edit the loot around the cities, and remove fog... how do I do this, if anyone has a guide on this please do give! :)

//SPDT

Well it depends on what map you're playing. You can't necessarily change the loot of the buildings, but there are ways to work around it. Editing all the crashed heli's, and their loot, is done in the server.pbo. You need PBOview or cpbo to pack and unpack .pbos. It's a little complicated to learn all of this and google holds many of the answers. To edit the mission file, go to MPMissions and choose the.pbo of the map you are playing on. The correct server.pbo is under the addons folder of the map you're playing on. Things like HALO jumping, and being able to flip vehicles over is all done in the mission.pbo. Hundreds of threads have already been made all over the web on how to do these things, so finding the answers is just knowing what to google. Be ready to troubleshoot however, because you're going to have quite a few bumps in the road. Here are a few threads to get you started.

http://fight2012.com/helicrash.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/script-bin ... cript.html

Keep in mind, a lot of the Arma 2 scripts must be heavily modified to work on dayz servers.

awesome information man! Thanks - we've gotten the halo jumps etc, on but we're missing on how to add buildings? and I was wondering, if you activate Rmod, doesn't that require other players to have Rmod aswell to join the server? :?::roll: