Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Wrong version of the server side application

Cole24

Hi, whenever someone tries to log into my server it sends them back to the lobby and in the background a message pops up that says something like this: You cannot play on this server because this server is running the wrong version of the server side application. If anyone knows who to fix this that would be great. Thank you a lot.

Hi, whenever someone tries to log into my server it sends them back to the lobby and in the background a message pops up that says something like this: You cannot play on this server because this server is running the wrong version of the server side application. If anyone knows who to fix this that would be great. Thank you a lot.

You have to change the map of the server, for instance I changed mine from overpoch to epoch, then you want people to join the server in the different map type to see if the errors is still present. If the error doesn't come up change the server back to map you had it one. Once again have people join the server and check if the error is present. If not back up and database and have people join again to see if something in the database was the issue. If not then upload the dayz_server.pbo and have people join. After that upload the dayz_1.chernarus.pbo and have people join. Whenever the error becomes present you know where the problem is (the database, mission pbo, or server pbo). I always keep a backup of my pbo files that I know work and would recommend other people to do this also. This way if something like this happens you can upload the old pbo files so people are able to join the server while you work on the pbo file that has something broke in it.

You have to change the map of the server, for instance I changed mine from overpoch to epoch, then you want people to join the server in the different map type to see if the errors is still present. If the error doesn't come up change the server back to map you had it one. Once again have people join the server and check if the error is present. If not back up and database and have people join again to see if something in the database was the issue. If not then upload the dayz_server.pbo and have people join. After that upload the dayz_1.chernarus.pbo and have people join. Whenever the error becomes present you know where the problem is (the database, mission pbo, or server pbo). I always keep a backup of my pbo files that I know work and would recommend other people to do this also. This way if something like this happens you can upload the old pbo files so people are able to join the server while you work on the pbo file that has something broke in it.