Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mod install killed my server

Hi All

I am considering cancelling my server with these guys and asking for a refund and want some of your opinions i have a overpoch server on napf i paid for $75 worth of mods to be installed on it after 24hr i got a message saying this had been done i logon and the server just keeps timing out at waiting to start authentication

The server has been like this for 4 days now and is unplayable i have made 2 support tickets and don't know where else to turn

Do you think i should cancel the service and ask for the $75 ?

This is bad performance and service in my opinion

Regards

Devil

Hi All

I am considering cancelling my server with these guys and asking for a refund and want some of your opinions i have a overpoch server on napf i paid for $75 worth of mods to be installed on it after 24hr i got a message saying this had been done i logon and the server just keeps timing out at waiting to start authentication

The server has been like this for 4 days now and is unplayable i have made 2 support tickets and don't know where else to turn

Do you think i should cancel the service and ask for the $75 ?

This is bad performance and service in my opinion

Regards

Devil

Thus far I have had no problems with the support. You could always download your pbo and look over it to see if you can spot any issues. Also check your spam in your email in-case they did send you a reply just got blocked. Can you list what mods were installed on your server please?

See what i can do to help as I installed all my mods myself.

Thus far I have had no problems with the support. You could always download your pbo and look over it to see if you can spot any issues. Also check your spam in your email in-case they did send you a reply just got blocked. Can you list what mods were installed on your server please?

See what i can do to help as I installed all my mods myself.

LOL

guys it would seem that my posts keep getting deleted by mods becuase they dont want you to know or the poor service i have recived

this one will propably be delete as well but please dont buy from these guys there rubbish

LOL

guys it would seem that my posts keep getting deleted by mods becuase they dont want you to know or the poor service i have recived

this one will propably be delete as well but please dont buy from these guys there rubbish

Well I know waiting can be frustrating but support has been very helpful to me so I cannot complain about them as I know I am not the only customer they have. Also the community on this forum is great everyone is very helpful. I am a noob to all of this so I tend to ask alot of questions.

Well I know waiting can be frustrating but support has been very helpful to me so I cannot complain about them as I know I am not the only customer they have. Also the community on this forum is great everyone is very helpful. I am a noob to all of this so I tend to ask alot of questions.

What mods did you have installed? As I have asked before lol yet you only seem to talk down instead of trying to fix the issue. Sorry but it is how I see it. I work in retail and you can not get help if you do not give info that may lead up to the point of being helped. Just small details is not going to cut it.

What mods did you have installed? As I have asked before lol yet you only seem to talk down instead of trying to fix the issue. Sorry but it is how I see it. I work in retail and you can not get help if you do not give info that may lead up to the point of being helped. Just small details is not going to cut it.

Hi All

another update for you they re-build the server again after 4 weeks of downtime and it was working and i was very happy but they had installed the server in the wrong location they had not de-branded or installed anti-hack that i paid for

On top of that i renamed the server then i restarted it and yet again the same issue server was just stuck at waiting for server to start authentication

so to answer your question no they did not fix this issue they in fact made it worse.

I have rasied another support ticket saying this is there final chance to fix it

Server details

Napf Overpoch 40 slot

Mods i paid to have installed

Fast trading

Towing mod

Missions mod

Refuel script

Regards

Devileater

Hi All

another update for you they re-build the server again after 4 weeks of downtime and it was working and i was very happy but they had installed the server in the wrong location they had not de-branded or installed anti-hack that i paid for

On top of that i renamed the server then i restarted it and yet again the same issue server was just stuck at waiting for server to start authentication

so to answer your question no they did not fix this issue they in fact made it worse.

I have rasied another support ticket saying this is there final chance to fix it

Server details

Napf Overpoch 40 slot

Mods i paid to have installed

Fast trading

Towing mod

Missions mod

Refuel script

Regards

Devileater

• 3 weeks later...

What do you mean you renamed the server?

If you mean you changed the Hostname via the Cpanel then maybe you left out a % mark somewhere.

If you mean that you changed the watermark that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen then that would require unpacking, repacking and reuploading the mission pbo file. I had some trouble at first doing this because I am such a noob, as you can see by my posts, but I found out that it was a problem with cpbo, which I was using to unpack and repack. It was then recommended to me that I use PBO Manager instead and that worked.

Also, when you make changes to your config, I've noticed that Authentication takes a bit longer. Many times it will say Starting Authentication and then Retrying Authentication and then finally it will load. But it take a couple of minutes.

Anyway, to answer your original question about Survival Servers, I have had no trouble with support. I've asked some of the noobiest questions there are and they have been very patient with me and have responded to my support tickets in a timely manner. Not to mention the support on the forum is outstanding if you can provide logical information that can result in effective troubleshooting. You have to keep in mind that there are a zillion variables running that determine what is happening with your server.

At any rate, good luck with your server. It's a pain sometimes but it's also a lot of fun!

Thanks,

Vladick

What do you mean you renamed the server?

If you mean you changed the Hostname via the Cpanel then maybe you left out a % mark somewhere.

If you mean that you changed the watermark that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen then that would require unpacking, repacking and reuploading the mission pbo file. I had some trouble at first doing this because I am such a noob, as you can see by my posts, but I found out that it was a problem with cpbo, which I was using to unpack and repack. It was then recommended to me that I use PBO Manager instead and that worked.

Also, when you make changes to your config, I've noticed that Authentication takes a bit longer. Many times it will say Starting Authentication and then Retrying Authentication and then finally it will load. But it take a couple of minutes.

Anyway, to answer your original question about Survival Servers, I have had no trouble with support. I've asked some of the noobiest questions there are and they have been very patient with me and have responded to my support tickets in a timely manner. Not to mention the support on the forum is outstanding if you can provide logical information that can result in effective troubleshooting. You have to keep in mind that there are a zillion variables running that determine what is happening with your server.

At any rate, good luck with your server. It's a pain sometimes but it's also a lot of fun!

Thanks,

Vladick

Hi All

The rest of the mods yes are installed by the server host but infiSTAR is installed by the owner of the server (you). let me make a quick video and I will post it in the FAQ section and link it to you.

Here is the link to the topic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1549

Hi All

The rest of the mods yes are installed by the server host but infiSTAR is installed by the owner of the server (you). let me make a quick video and I will post it in the FAQ section and link it to you.

Here is the link to the topic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1549