Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Upgrade to 1.0.5.1?

Has anyone moved from 1.0.4.2 to 1.0.5.1 successfully yet? Our server is still fairly new, but in terms of what mods we have, whats the re-coding like to do it manually?

Has anyone moved from 1.0.4.2 to 1.0.5.1 successfully yet? Our server is still fairly new, but in terms of what mods we have, whats the re-coding like to do it manually?

As far as I am aware you wont be able to Just download your pbo's and then re upload them as things have changed, Scripts will have to be added again manually. Most scripts are straight forward to add just do them one at a time and test server before adding the next. A few scripts will not work as is on the new update so read up on what you want to add and make sure it is 1.0.5+ compatible

MegaZ

Im doing mine next weekend just waiting so they can fix a few of the bugs.

As far as I am aware you wont be able to Just download your pbo's and then re upload them as things have changed, Scripts will have to be added again manually. Most scripts are straight forward to add just do them one at a time and test server before adding the next. A few scripts will not work as is on the new update so read up on what you want to add and make sure it is 1.0.5+ compatible

MegaZ

MegaZ

that would nto work just downloading them and reuploading them because the new update has differnet fn selfactions and many other changes to other complies

MegaZ

that would nto work just downloading them and reuploading them because the new update has differnet fn selfactions and many other changes to other complies

Would you think the mod files are still compatible in the same way, just files without calls in the main mission files? Say I take my server pbo and grab the dzms folder and move it into the 5.1 server pbo and added the proper calls to initiate, do you think they would work, or is it more then likely going to need a re write all the way through?

customloot.zip

Would you think the mod files are still compatible in the same way, just files without calls in the main mission files? Say I take my server pbo and grab the dzms folder and move it into the 5.1 server pbo and added the proper calls to initiate, do you think they would work, or is it more then likely going to need a re write all the way through?

MegaZ

That reply was to your suggestion of: (if your scared of losing your scripts download your mission pbo and server pbo and save them)

Sugestion that he downloads his mission and server.pbo

MegaZ

That reply was to your suggestion of: (if your scared of losing your scripts download your mission pbo and server pbo and save them)

Sugestion that he downloads his mission and server.pbo

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be working on my upgrade in the next day or two.

- ZombieGirl, Did your database reset when you updated, or did it just convert like SS was hoping?

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be working on my upgrade in the next day or two.

- ZombieGirl, Did your database reset when you updated, or did it just convert like SS was hoping?