Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

"One of our staff is Intervening on your server" - While I'm trying to learn Admin controls

Wynne

Hi, I started modding my game server yesterday, and I have been starting and stopping my server a lot to test each mod individually, to make sure everything is running smooth. Well, I got everything working great. No problem there, despite how confusing it was to learn how to do it. 

Today, I decided I'd start trying to learn how to use the Admin control panel, as my server is slowly gaining new players and I want to have this down by the time I need to hire more admins. I tried logging into DART, the program wont even open without crashing, and I found a thread somewhere that said to edit a file in BattlEye, to change my RCON password. I am still very new to all of this and have not found any decent information anywhere, on your site or otherwise on what RCON, DART, etc actually are, let alone how to use them and make them play nice together.
Anyway, just as I went to update my server, I got the notice that one of your staff was "Intervening" on my server, and I cannot update, restart, etc. Okay, I figured that wouldnt be a big deal. I could wait till later to keep configuring and I'd hoped you guys would contact me if it was anything serious. But then whoever was "intervening" shut my server off!

I am a twitch streamer who is supposed to go LIVE and on that server...literally right this minute. And now I cant. This has been very frustrating already, because I feel like I'm being completely left in the dark. I have no idea what your staff is doing in my server or why they've intervened, when all I was doing was changing my OWN passwords and making tiny configurations. 
Can someone tell me what's going on? Why my server has been shut down and I've lost control of it? All of the mods I'm using are basic mods from Steam. I haven't been doing anything crazy in there. 

37 minutes ago, Wynne said:

Hey, a lot of servers are in the middle of being transferred from one machine to another and are unavailable for the time being and this might include yours.  It's looking like up to 3-4 more hours downtime based on an e-mail I got about it.