Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Rust Server Setup help?

Mathieu

Okay, so I could really use some help. For the passed few days I've been working on a Rust server for me and a few friends, although I haven't even been able to get to the portforward stage...

I've created a working .bat file (whether or not the settings/parameters are being read correctly is another story..), code down below;

echo off
:start
RustDedicated.exe -batchmode + D:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir +D:\SteamCMD\rust +app_update 258550
+cfg cfg\server.cfg
+server.ip 127.0.0.1
+server.port 28015
+rcon.ip 0.0.0.0
+rcon.port 28016
+rcon.password "(changed for security purposes "
+rcon.web 1
+server.identity "server"
+server.saveinterval "600"
+server.tickrate 20
+server.seed 55
+server.worldsize 4000
+server.maxplayers 15
+server.hostname "Pleeblia"
+server.description"*Can you survive the end of civilization?\n*Or will you fall like a coward and let this world Eat you.\n*Discover new weapon and armour Blueprints along your travels to aid your Adventure ...\n*Or have them taken by someone else"
-logfile gamelog.txt
-load
-quit

The internal save rate, the tickrate, the worldsize - all that jazz is working normally - however I can't seem to save any of the RCON commands I use in the cmdprompt or the RustConsole itself (e.i. Bradley.enabled 0, ai.think 0 etc, etc). Are these commands to be defined in server.cfg? or the batch file created before running the dedi-console itself?

** I've managed to get Oxide working/running with the server

The server name is always stuck on Amsterdam II, and the description is stuck with some sort of loop bug repeating a brief summary of what you'd put in the description. 

If anybody has any idea what might be wrong, please get back to me ASAP!

P.S, have a feeling as though my /cfg files aren't setup correctly.. as every time I've entered RCON commands & tried to server.writecfg, nothing saves after restarting the server.

Okay, so I could really use some help. For the passed few days I've been working on a Rust server for me and a few friends, although I haven't even been able to get to the portforward stage...

I've created a working .bat file (whether or not the settings/parameters are being read correctly is another story..), code down below;

echo off

:start

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode + D:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir +D:\SteamCMD\rust +app_update 258550

+cfg cfg\server.cfg

+server.ip 127.0.0.1

+server.port 28015

+rcon.ip 0.0.0.0

+rcon.port 28016

+rcon.password "(changed for security purposes "

+rcon.web 1

+server.identity "server"

+server.saveinterval "600"

+server.tickrate 20

+server.seed 55

+server.worldsize 4000

+server.maxplayers 15

+server.hostname "Pleeblia"

+server.description"*Can you survive the end of civilization?\n*Or will you fall like a coward and let this world Eat you.\n*Discover new weapon and armour Blueprints along your travels to aid your Adventure ...\n*Or have them taken by someone else"

-logfile gamelog.txt

-load

-quit

The internal save rate, the tickrate, the worldsize - all that jazz is working normally - however I can't seem to save any of the RCON commands I use in the cmdprompt or the RustConsole itself (e.i. Bradley.enabled 0, ai.think 0 etc, etc). Are these commands to be defined in server.cfg? or the batch file created before running the dedi-console itself?

** I've managed to get Oxide working/running with the server

The server name is always stuck on Amsterdam II, and the description is stuck with some sort of loop bug repeating a brief summary of what you'd put in the description. 

If anybody has any idea what might be wrong, please get back to me ASAP!

P.S, have a feeling as though my /cfg files aren't setup correctly.. as every time I've entered RCON commands & tried to server.writecfg, nothing saves after restarting the server.

Server description may not be working because of no space between +server.description and ".

adding a server image header will add an image above the description use +server.headerimage "link to image"

The Amsterdam II is the default image for when Rust cannot find the server.