Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How do I actually connect as admin?

Traske

Hi,

I have a 2x2 server, how do I actually connect as admin? *SOLVED* 

And how would I know? 

I have also named my grids in the control panel but this does not show when hitting esc and so on. Do I have to manually go into the files? (Still would be a blast with a answer to this) 

In your GameUserSettings.ini folder in your server directory which can be found in Shootergamer/Saved/Config/Windows

At the bottom there is a section where you should see this 

[sessionSettings]
SessionName=Freeport

Sometimes on my servers it takes a minute to show up the name when you hit ESC but normally it is there. When you first zone in or connect it might not be but it will show up

Thanks for response.

It still shows as Tropical Freeport in Steam though, I want it too say the server name there as well. Would you know how? I have named in the control panel

Thanks for response.

It still shows as Tropical Freeport in Steam though, I want it too say the server name there as well. Would you know how? I have named in the control panel

I had the same issue, for some reason my home server didn't reflect the name given on the control panel page, the gameusersettings.ini file or in the .json file itself.  It only shows up as Tropical Freeport.

This may not be what you're asking, but in order to use admin console commands like cheats, etc. you hit the ~ key, and type in "enablecheats password", replacing password with your admin password from your SS control panel. I haven't tested it much, but I used a cheat from Ark off the top of my head to change the time of day, and it worked.

I had the same issue, for some reason my home server didn't reflect the name given on the control panel page, the gameusersettings.ini file or in the .json file itself.  It only shows up as Tropical Freeport.

Connect to that server where you want to change the name of the server, goto the ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer folder

In there you will find the GameUserSetting.INI - at the bottom of that file you will see - 

[sessionSettings]

SessionName=Freeport

Edit 'Freeport' to what ever you wish it to say. 

And if that doesn't work still, you will have to open your .JSON file (which I can't open mine it errors out) and figure out how to edit the name with out breaking anything. Then upload that to every server you currently have.