Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ATLAS (multi server clusters) progress?

ManHanz

Just wondering when we will be able to run our Servers for Atlas. I see a few other companies having some up. But i'm ride or die for Survival Servers. ;) 

Any update on how the Atlas servers are going?

Suzzette, last I saw was their tweet that said they are working with Grapeshot devs but to not anticipate anything until after Xmas.

This topic is for multi server discussion only (the future progress of it)

Also, no account specific questions are allowed on the forums, thanks for understanding!

Ok so 3 questions then.

1.How much of the map or how big a map can one server hold and then adding servers how much more of the map/bigger does it get? 

2. Is the number of people we order per server or overall?

3. Can we add servers later and keep the same map/progress from 1 server?

We will have 2x2 grids for 2-4 servers, 3x3 grid for 5-9 servers, and a 4x4 grid for 10-16 servers

Completely customizable, that is up to the customer to do. Eventually will add a ServerGrid.json upload / map tile upload tool for further customization.

Yes you can easily add servers at any time and put them on the same Atlas ID.

No ETA for any of that yet. Working out the launch kinks for single servers first and handling the large demand / influx of tickets first.

Hello Ryan, et al:

Thank you again for all of your help and services thus far. I am extremely interested in clustering / making a grid as described for 2x2. Do we have an updates as of yet?

Thank you

We got our setup mostly working today. Going to do some stability testing over the weekend.

Pricing will be no different than ordering an additional server.

You can do 2, 3 or 4 servers in a 2x2 grid (optimal size)

You can do 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 servers in a 3x3 grid (very large)

you can do 10-16 servers in a 4x4 grid (HUGE)

Awesome work on getting the mutli-servers up!

Couple questions - if, for example, I order a 3x3 grid with 15 slots, is that 15 slots in each of the 9 servers (ex: 15 people can be in each of those grids) or 15 slots total for the whole cluster of 9 servers?

Annnd second, I assume just submit a ticket to upgrade? :)