Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Increase the player level cap.

Hello. I am having a issue with leveling on my server. Every time I try and add levels past 115 it takes them away. So after taking a break from that I decided to increase my engram points. Now you can only level up to 85 in my world. Is this because of all the engram points I added in? Can anyone shed light on how I can get the levels up to around 130 and boost my engram points a tad. Thank you.

SHORT V: I'm having same issues can't add more levels to my player levels. I decreased to 100 instead of 115 but now I want to change it back to 110 levels and it wont let me.

My server is having similar issues I put it down to just 100 levels but i want to take it back up to 110 each level after 100 being a prestiege level if you would but my server member stopped at level 71 for XP. I googled and it had others with the same issue it seems you need to change the xp cap so I put in the xp for prestieging 10 times (level 110 for my settings) and the override of player xp is updated but it wont let me add the levels past 100.

I just got a server and, without having touched any of the level settings, the player cap is 85 on Aberration. And I can see in the ini files that there seem to be levels up to 115 (I assume to compensate for the 'minus 15' bug), but I'm still stuck at 85.

I reset the config and levels are normal again, even after editing a few things. Can't get ShowFloatingDamageText to work or ForceAllStructureLocking=true to work. Tried both with ?, b and without either. Or, at least, it's not working on storage boxes and a smithy.

Have you tried setting up custom parameters for ShowFloatingDamageText and ForceAllStructureLocking?

To setup custom launch parameters for ARK, you will need to change the drop-down value for your Map field to be "Custom". Make note of which map you are using as it will be used later.

Orae7xU.png

By setting the map to be "Custom", a new window will show up near the bottom of the control panel: Launch Parameters Line. By default, this window will be empty. Clicking on the information icon (i) located by the box, you will see a pop-up window with custom launch parameters examples that we will use to build your Launch Parameters Line.

VJ6w9Oy.png

For example, we will copy the data for the default map, The Island. Close out the window and then paste the data in the Launch Parameters Line.

pg00K03.png

If you have any mods, you will need to add ?GameModIDs= at the end of your launch parameters and then copy the data from the Mod ID(s) field and paste it at the end of the launch parameters, so it will show up like this.

A1g83FE.png

If you want to add other values, such as overriding the official difficulty (for higher level dinosaurs) or to show floating damage text (similar to an RPG), you can add these using the OverrideOfficialDifficulty and ShowFloatingDamageText attributes respectively. The "?" must be before each launch parameter value, as that is the indicator to the server that this is a new value to read upon startup. For more command line attributes that can be used, go here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Here is an example of the two aforementioned variables on the launch parameters line.

8oktUu2.png

Thank you for the reply, Chocobeau. I don't have the option for 'custom,' perhaps because I'm on a PS4 server. But if Heremtic isn't on PS4, sounds like it'd solve the issue for him. ^_^

My apologies for not properly answering your message. Here's something that can help you out with the level issue. As for the ShowFloatingDamageText and ForceStructureAllLocking issues, please submit a ticket and I can take a look at your server settings and see what the problem is.

--

There is an issue with ARK servers using custom leveling or engram setups at this time. Any server with these settings may have players losing progress (i.e mindwipes) or, at the least, losing 15 levels. Any survivor who has has not undergone Ascension will only be able to level up to 30 levels below the server's max level. (i.e server max level is 115, pre-Ascension survivors will only go up to level 85)

There are two ways to bypass this problem for now. The simplest solution is using the Modify Server Config tool within our control panel, however there is another solution for those who are comfortable with modifying configuration files directly.

Add 15 custom levels via Modify Server Config or via Game.in

1. Stop your game server.
  2. For Modify Server Config within the control panel.
    1. Scroll to the Player Level section. Click on the "+ Add Level" button 15 times (1 for each level).
    2. Scroll down to the bottom of the listed levels and add the amount of total experience points needed per level as well as the engrams given per level up.
    3. Click on the button on the bottom to Save Configuration and restart the server.
  3. For Game.ini (PS4 users)
    1. On the control panel, click on the Game.ini button.
    2. Find the first section that starts with "LevelExperienceRampOverrides=". This lists the custom levels for players. The second section lists the levels for tamed dinosaurs. Since you only want to add player levels for now, only add data to the first section of LevelExperienceRampOverrides.
    3. Add entries in the format ExperiencePointsPerLevel[x]=Y, where x is the level you are adding and Y is the total experience needed to reach that level. Do not forget to use a comma to separate these entries.
    4. Once done, click on the "Save Game.ini" button on the bottom of the pop-up window.

Remove custom leveling and engrams

1. Stop your game server.
  2. Using the Modify Server Config tool, locate the section for Player Levels.
  3. Click the radio button for "Leave Default".
  4. Once done, scroll down to the bottom and click on the button to save configuration.

We are awaiting to hear from Wildcard regarding this issue with servers using custom leveling setups, but until then, these are our recommendations. Please let us know if you have any further questions.