Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Destroy wild dinos different methods

borgar69

I am setting up a server and want to try diff lvls to increase dino lvls.

I do a distroywilddinos i see all the dinos disappear.

Then after about 2 minutes I lose connection.

I try to reconnect but can't so I have to restart the server, my char appears to still be active, chars on server 1/20.

After restarting the server it starts me back at a previous save so all the wild dinos are the same lvl.

Any ideas?

I've experienced this issue myself and I have an easy solution that prevents any need for rollback and simply requires the Admin to handle Wild Dino Wipe slightly differently.

I use RCON for when I do stuff like this, but it doesn't make any difference if you do the commands ingame. This is what I do.

• I back-up my saved folder prior to doing dino wipe, I do daily manual back-ups anyway for my piece of mind.
  • I then do Wild Dino Wipe.
  • Immediately after I do another Save World via RCON.
  • The dino wipe will most likely cause the server to hang after a few minutes, please note that the server may appear to lose connection when it hangs, but it doesn't fully crash (not for me anyway), and if I leave it for a short period the connection will re-establish with no requirement to restart the server.
  • Then everything will be fine.

The reason you are getting a rollback is because you are manually restarting the server and therefore it will restart using the most recent save file which is likely to be a little old anywhere upto an hour.

If you leave the server for at least 10 minutes or so after doing wild dino wipe then you should be able to get on with no problems and no rollback.

In addition to the above method you can use the Advanced Launch Param setting to destroy on startup:

2017-11-30_20h35_34.png

also there is a Modify Server Config value that allows you to routinely clean wild dinos (which we just today made a default value set at 18 hours)

(make sure this value is

2017-11-30_20h37_10.png