Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Worsening FPS Since Last Patch, etc.

Diggs

Since ARK's last patch, I have noticed an extreme increase in lag, some rubber-banding, freezing up and, blurry textures. It ran fine for awhile. Now...........it's becoming almost unplayable again. This is on medium settings. No other changes to the server. The fps problem(I'm assuming it's an fps problem) has gotten to the point where I freeze up for anywhere from 15-60 seconds. I've entered the game several times in the last day to find the blurred textures issue. It is unfixable. Nothing affects it. I've completely shut the game down and started fresh. Same issues. Even re-starting my comp, which by the way is complete B.S. as you shouldn't have to re-start your comp because a game sucks so bad, has had no noticeable improvement. 

How many others have seen increased performance problems since the last patch, where they supposedly fixed memory issues and increased optimization?

What are your specs? I hadn't notice an improvement until I started troubleshooting a different problem yesterday and renamed my local Saved folder in order to force the game to create a new one. Mainly you will want to delete PlayerLocalData.arkprofile under ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles and your config files ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. You may also just try just resetting your game resolution first by using the menu when launching Ark from the Steam client. You'll know that you did it right if the next time you launch the game it runs in windowed mode at 720p. From there choose the video settings that are appropriate to your computer specs.

After I did this I noticed 10-15 fps improvement overall. I have a GTX 970, 16GB Ram and a six years old i5-2500k, not running on an SSD. I get 35-45 fps on my base and 40-55 in the wild on 1920x1080, High Settings, Post Processing on Epic, Ground Clutter Max, Light Shafts and Bloom ON. Also if I'm not mistaken the developers mentioned that so far the improvements impact High and Epic settings while Medium and Low settings are still being worked on.

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

AMD A8-3800 APU Quadcore 2.40GHZ

6.0 GB RAM

GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 w/2gbs GDDR5

I have my resolution set the same as yours at the 1920x1080 setting. I did the resolution reset fix, to no avail. I am using med. settings, no light shaft or bloom, ground clutter and sky effects dialed way back. Can't set it at high to epic or I can't even move. 

Blurred textures back in force as well as a lot of stuttering in the game. sometimes, it freezes up from 10-30 seconds,occasionally longer.

I've not tried your above solution. What problem were you trouble-shooting? Did it affect any of the conditions I mentioned? Thanks.

Your processor and RAM are most likely causing your GPU to bottleneck and won't get much out of it. Have you tried running with low memory settings? As far as in-game settings you may also try turning off Floating Names under options or using the END key to toggle floating names from dinos to only show those that are close to you. I read a post on reddit that the HUD has a performance impact on the game and I know that at least for me it does spare a few FPS. 

I was just troubleshooting my OverrideNamedEngramEntries not hiding some engrams on my server and wanted to see if resetting my local save folder would have any impact but it didn't fix it.

Good luck to you!