Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to get a more detailed server description?

Derpito92

I am new to running Rust server and need some help.

The "custom launch parameters line" is limited to 256 characters I believe, but adding header image, seed number and seed size takes up most of that limit. How can I add a custom server description without having to worry about the 255 characters limit? I want to describe the server in more details. Is there like a file or something I can upload? Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Via FTP you can create a 'serverauto.cfg' in the /server/experimental/cfg/ directory.

In there you can set your description, seed, etc.

Each would have to be on it's own new line as so:

server.description 'My Awesome Rust Server'
server.headerimage 'http://imgur.com/somepng.png'
server.seed 1337
server.worldsize 2500

Via FTP you can create a 'serverauto.cfg' in the /server/experimental/cfg/ directory.

In there you can set your description, seed, etc.

Each would have to be on it's own new line as so:

server.description 'My Awesome Rust Server'
server.headerimage 'http://imgur.com/somepng.png'
server.seed 1337
server.worldsize 2500

Awesome, thanks! They kind of worked. I actually had to make a "server.cfg" file and place it in /server/experimental/cfg/ directory, because "server.writecfg" in Rusty deletes the modifications that I made to the original file (serverauto.cfg). It looks like everything is working the way I did it as well. Description, Image, PVE true and rcon.web 0 is also working. I did not add the server.worldsize and server.seed codes into the file because I change it every month and also the control panel requires a value.

Is there a list of all the other codes into the server.cfg file? Thus far I have added the decay.scale 0.2 and heli.lifetimeminutes 10. I was wondering if there is a way I can alter env.daylength from 45 to 50/55 and env.nightlength 10/5, but they don't seem to work?

Just out of curiosity? Did you get the server.headerimage working? For some reason that seems to be the only thing I can’t get working? Uploaded to my website. Made it 512x256 and png but no luck?

Just out of curiosity? Did you get the server.headerimage working? For some reason that seems to be the only thing I can’t get working? Uploaded to my website. Made it 512x256 and png but no luck?

Yes I got it to work. Use " instead of '