Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Gameusersettings.ini custom use... gone wrong?

Sara101

I am trying to get this to work in the custom area on the modify settings, and so far i get on and i don't see any of it working, do i put this a different way, does anyone know? I have bad luck with that setting lol

[serverSettings]

ShowFloatingDamageText=True

[JoanPhoton]

BaseDamage=1600.0

DamageMultiplier=10.0

BonusTierDamage=2.0

FireInterval=1.2

DisableTribeAlert=false

BlockPlatformBuild=false

RifleTorpMultiplier=50.0

[JoanBulk]

TroughRange=55000

I too, have had some of the same issues. I manually entered and saved changes made to the ini files. They worked at first but, now they are gone? How is that even possible? Surely, mods can't make changes to an ini file. Something else is going on. and, it's bothersome.

To my knowledge ShowFloatingDamageText=True is a custom launch param. Not sure if that will stick anywhere else but there.

As for the other settings, do the mod authors state those settings need to be in the GameUserSettings.ini file?

To my knowledge ShowFloatingDamageText=True is a custom launch param. Not sure if that will stick anywhere else but there.

As for the other settings, do the mod authors state those settings need to be in the GameUserSettings.ini file?

well i got it to work in the custom gameserversettings.ini by putting it that way, so far it is working, i had to remove another mod from first order, and yes, the mods owner has it on their area to add it like that. I have them working...and Diggs, I have noticed that if you put them in there through FTP programs, when you modify the custom settings- the yellow button- IF you save and restart, it will overwrite what you put, but so far i have had this method work, when you modify the custom settings through server, just press save settings at the far right -make sure the server is off- and start it up or save and restart green button, NEVER save, restart server on the modify or it WILL rewrite your data, if it can go in the gameusersettings.ini custom area on modify, put it there... though i wish SS had a custom Game.ini for mod codes that require it -.-

• 2 weeks later...

her is example   if you run single or cluster 

TheCenter?Multihome=112.222.1.12?Port=18125?QueryPort=18118?SessionName=DirtyDozen-PVE-Clustered?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=password?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18118?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk27226?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?OverideStructurePlatformPrevention=true?GameModIDs=538986229,731604991,928102085,741203089,893904615,764755314,880887081,702828089,898329764,816908578,821530042,916205675,919353713,751991809,880871931,793605978,958439036,749466101,798033174,1091147617,870709781,889745138,942070325,679529026,845855498,926567353

that is  in custom launch parameters in control panel   and if you runa a cluster than ypou wou do same thing for both maps you are running 

ShowFloatingDamageText=True does work on gameusersettings.ini

well i got it to work in the custom gameserversettings.ini by putting it that way, so far it is working, i had to remove another mod from first order, and yes, the mods owner has it on their area to add it like that. I have them working...and Diggs, I have noticed that if you put them in there through FTP programs, when you modify the custom settings- the yellow button- IF you save and restart, it will overwrite what you put, but so far i have had this method work, when you modify the custom settings through server, just press save settings at the far right -make sure the server is off- and start it up or save and restart green button, NEVER save, restart server on the modify or it WILL rewrite your data, if it can go in the gameusersettings.ini custom area on modify, put it there... though i wish SS had a custom Game.ini for mod codes that require it -.-

If you want to edit your game.ini I suggest doing it via FTP. Also always make sure that the server is stopped before making any changes.

I got it to work by placing the line in my ini. file. It took some configuring to get it right. Not sure what was causing it to be over-written but, I finally got it to take.

I got it to work by placing the line in my ini. file. It took some configuring to get it right. Not sure what was causing it to be over-written but, I finally got it to take.

From what I've found the only thing that will cause unintended changes to the game configs is using the configuration tool on the control panel. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to read your settings on the .ini files so if you've made any change via FTP it will overwrite that change with whatever the config tool is set to.