Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

PVE or PVP??!!

Sara101

Me and my friend have a server that we have marked as PVE in the modify config, well if its PVE then how can someone come up, kill and destroy everything? Is there something i have missed? Even our players are saying the server is PVE on their side...

It seems that PvE is not fully implemented on the server side of things. We have our PvE flag set as well, and have labeled the server as PvE in our name, so until they finish it up, it looks like us admins are relegated to enforcing the law regarding such matters.

I personally would suggest setting the rules up in your MotD, then just come down with an iron fist on infractions to prevent things from getting out of hand, under the notion that warnings were already provided in said MotD.

On our ARK cluster server, the daily restart time is listed, so we leave losses due to server outage during the daily restart on the player, as otherwise it would be nearly a daily whining session of "I lost this because of your restart!"

The one solution I've come up with thus far for that particular issue is using ARKON to display an hourly scripted message notifying players of the restart time. Perhaps you could do the same to issue hourly or every other hour reminders of the PvE nature of the server for a time.

If you like / need, I can show you the setup for such, though I recall you saying that you've been admining for a while, so you probably already know how to set such up. =)

setmessageoftheday <message> (no brackets)

I'm not sure if it requires the "admincheat" prefix or not though, as you can totally just use the "cheat manger<sic>" in your admin manager tool in game lol

now theres a thought ;-P just not used to this version of SS lmao i'm used to my ark server where everything is there! except the game.ini custom part for my mods <.< DAL is FAR away from that, shoot even the wiki only seems to be just started ;-P