Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

custom settings without messing w ini

rhoads82

I just got dark and light server and I see I can't change the settings. when is it going to be actually in the server configuration like all the others game servers? I've tried the adding to ini files but it won't implement in game. It's in ark servers and it's the same base.

While it's made by the same company essentially, and the games are similar and use the same engine, there are still very much differences between.

Some settings for ARK will indeed work for D&L, but others are very much hit and miss. There is not yet a complete concrete list of settings that for sure all translate between the two games. Just remember, test at your own risk, but with some patience, we'll soon have a legit list of working settings built into the Survival Servers server settings menu, cause they're good like that.

We've mentioned this in other threads regarding this topic, we're working on getting everything in order. Sadly, I do not have an ETA on the matter 

Please reference some of my threads in my recent posts, there are some great discussions and uses of custom scripts and examples in them that will help you edit the server.