Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Auto update without 24 hour

BlackT

I want to be able to have my server auto update and reboot whenever it updates. Is there a way to do this? Can I set it to Auto update and then change the reboot timer from 24 hours to Never?

Just don't set it to reboot.

ARK Update: Only when needed

ARK Update (Automatic): Enable

Restart Interval: Never

Now whenever you manually stop and start, or restart, it will update ARK and any mods, but it won't ever restart until you tell it to (or system crashes etc.).

So then this will update when ever there is a Mod update or Ark update then like how ASM treats the protocols? All the admins in my group are busy at times and would like to be able to keep the server up to date even when we can not be around. Kinda like what ASM was able to do for us.

No. ARK itself does not provide any mechanism that I know of for a server to update whenever there's something to update. You either restart it on a schedule, or restart it when you choose to. There's no "push" notification of updates for the server to react to, nor any mechanism by which it could answer such a push if there was one.

I know that there are third party programs that periodically pull update notifications and reboot the server, but I don't think survivalservers.com supports any of them. I never looked into it myself -- I wanted to be the one in charge of when my server restarts.

Okay. I only ask because when I ran my servers on ASM, we could set it for auto update and it would check every hour. Once there was an update that it needed to download, either for a mod or the game, it would make announcements through RCON letting people know about the update, announce a timer for people to GTFO(lol) and then do a reboot to apply the update. Was hoping that this host would have that set in their console. Guess I will just speak with the other admins and see what we need to do for a timed reboot I guess.

We simply have set intervals you can assign your server to restart to via the panel. If you have updates enabled, then we'll check for any updates (ARK & Mods) and download them as needed.