Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Can I save a copy of my world and use it again in a few months?

Wes W

Sorry if this is a noob question...

Can I save a copy of my world if I need to cancel the sub for a month and then upload it again when I start it up again? Or is everything lost when I stop paying for a server?

I've looked around the menus but haven't located anything along these lines.

Cheers

I guess the other reason for the above question is that I'd also like to try out The Center and the new primitive plus conversion but I don't really want to lose my build on the Island in case I want to go back to it.

You can use FTP to make a copy of your save file and keep it on your own computer as long as you want. So in theory, yes.

However, over a period of months it's theoretically possible that there will have been updates that changed the format of the file in some way and then taken out the code that does the update to the file. I don't think that's happened yet but I wouldn't bet the bank it won't ever.