Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

?ShowFloatingDamageText=true

I've been trying to get this text to work for awhile now. I want to be able to see the damage I cause and this is the only way I know how, but no matter how I put it in the custon .ini section, it doesn't work. Am I putting it in wrong or even possibly in the wrong place?

I too have this same exact problem. I'm new to Survival Servers and everything seems to be working very well except this one issue. I'll give it some time before I generate a ticket. 

ShowFloatingDamageText=true  

Tried adding this to the ini file but still no change. My server members would really like floating damage. =/

Sure thing...So my custom launch parameters I had to do a bit of looking at.  When you click custom launch parameters on your server screen you will see a list of things you need to enable there depending on what you are doing.  You can literally cut and paste what is listed above for the correct map and add that to your launch parameters.

Mine looks like this....

TheIsland?Multihome=x.x.x.x?Port=xxxxx?QueryPort=xxxxx?SessionName=xxx?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=xxx?ServerAdminPassword=xxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18217?AltSaveDirectoryName=xxxx?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?GameModIDs=731604991,656525905,630601751,751991809,554678442,538827119,821530042

Thats really it.  As you can see i'm giving you my entire launch parameters that i use for my modded server with several mods on it.  You obviously need to replace the x's with the values for your server but it should be pretty simple.

All of this to say you really just need that one line of code in your launch parameters to get this done easily.  

ShowFloatingDamageText=True?

The ? lets you execute the command and then input another command.  Thus the reason for no ? at the end after i list my mods....because the line of commands is done.

hopefully that all makes sense.  

Survival Servers does a great job giving you the rest of the code you need in their custom launch parameters window.  I suggest you use that for the map you want to use.  it should contain your specific values and thus the x's are taken care of.

Sure thing...So my custom launch parameters I had to do a bit of looking at.  When you click custom launch parameters on your server screen you will see a list of things you need to enable there depending on what you are doing.  You can literally cut and paste what is listed above for the correct map and add that to your launch parameters.

Mine looks like this....

TheIsland?Multihome=x.x.x.x?Port=xxxxx?QueryPort=xxxxx?SessionName=xxx?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=xxx?ServerAdminPassword=xxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18217?AltSaveDirectoryName=xxxx?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0?ShowFloatingDamageText=true?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?GameModIDs=731604991,656525905,630601751,751991809,554678442,538827119,821530042

Thats really it.  As you can see i'm giving you my entire launch parameters that i use for my modded server with several mods on it.  You obviously need to replace the x's with the values for your server but it should be pretty simple.

All of this to say you really just need that one line of code in your launch parameters to get this done easily.  

ShowFloatingDamageText=True?

The ? lets you execute the command and then input another command.  Thus the reason for no ? at the end after i list my mods....because the line of commands is done.

hopefully that all makes sense.  

Survival Servers does a great job giving you the rest of the code you need in their custom launch parameters window.  I suggest you use that for the map you want to use.  it should contain your specific values and thus the x's are taken care of.

Just so we're clear, when you say custom launch parameters, you're talking about this image, correct: http://i.imgur.com/QuirQe1.png

Or is there a different spot that I'm missing to place all this? Thanks for all your help and the detailed response.

Edit: This is getting really frustrating for us, if we can't get it to work we feel we'll just have to leave this host as we can't seem to understand why it doesn't work.

No.  I"m talking about that box on the server screen that shows Custom Launch Parameters and then has a box with a ? that you can click.

Would you mind clarifying? Because when I'm logged in to the server dashboard for survivalservers, there isn't a custom launch parameters section. I don't see one in the server screen in-game either.

Would you mind clarifying? Because when I'm logged in to the server dashboard for survivalservers, there isn't a custom launch parameters section. I don't see one in the server screen in-game either.

If you are having issues having the custom launch parameters appear, it could be because you need to change the map to custom.

Changing the map to custom will not cause a wipe. For instance, if you are using "The Center" as a map, the custom launch parameters would just need to include the map name in the beginning. 

TheCenter?Multihome=xxxxxxxxx?Port=xxxxxxxx?QueryPort=xxxxxxxxx?SessionName=xxxxxxxxWorld?MaxPlayers=20?listen?ServerPassword=xxxxxxxxx?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxxxxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=xxxxxxx?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedARKxxxx

If you are trying to add the RPG numbers / green numbers for damage, the line ?ShowFloatingDamageText=true  would need to appear at the end of the parameters. 

TheCenter?Multihome=xxxxxxxxx?Port=xxxxxxxx?QueryPort=xxxxxxxxx?SessionName=xxxxxxxxWorld?MaxPlayers=20?listen?ServerPassword=xxxxxxxxx?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxxxxx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=xxxxxxx?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedARKxxxx?ShowFloatingDamageText=true 

^ This would be the end result to get the map to be The Center with Damage Numbers.

If you click on the ( i ) next to the custom launch parameters, there is already a preset copy and pastable menu for you to put in the parameters as well as copy and pastable presets for many different options.

If you are having trouble finding exactly which option you want, hit CTRL+F and search.

@staff

So that was easy enough, since it was copying and pasting. I also added the lines "?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?ShowFloatingDamageText=true" at the end, but now my server won't come up. I've been trying for about 5 hours and each time it goes into loading after a restart, it stops maybe an hour into the wait. I'm sure I did the right stuff but could it maybe be the lines I added in?

Edit: okay so I reverted it back to the island (the map I first had) and it worked again. Server loaded up fine again but now the show damage text actually is there. So it worked I guess

Edited by kinggingy

Just wanted to stop in and say that I got it working. I manually put ShowFloatingDamageText=true under the Server Settings section of the .ini then uploaded the file via FTP. I kept overlooking the note that said any changes done in the "Modify Server Config" menu of the server settings would overwrite my .ini.

So, just to point out in case others are having trouble, simply putting ShowFloatingDamageText=true at the end of the "Modify Server Config" and custom settings section did NOT work for me no matter how many times I tried. I had to manually put it in to the .ini file under Server Settings section then upload it via FTP. Thanks all for your patience and help.

in the custom code this works also just copy paste the text in between the dashes it will auto put it in your gameusersettings.ini for you under server settings

--------------------------------

[serverSettings]

ShowFloatingDamageText=true

--------------------------------