Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Using Direct Connect, in game question

Postpaleo

New feature and a welcome one if I can get it to work. Waiting for steam to sort through and find my server is painful at times. I hope this goes aways in solving that.

It asks for the IP and port, do I just add the 21 to the end of my IP number? No breaks or special periods or the like?

In your server control panel, there should be a row of buttons: start | stop | restart | launch | share

Its above and to the right of the FTP info you are looking at. That port is for an ftp connection to the server, not playing the game.

Either use the launch button and allow your browser to launch Steam and connect.

Or below the Server Detail block with the little map, there should be and IP address with an "i" in a white circle.

For Direct Connect IP is the IP address listed and the Game Port is the port you use. If the IP and port need to be on the same line(I've never used Direct before) the format will be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx  IP Address colon Game Port.

Hopefully that helps.

Ya, I understand that, I was afraid I wasn't clear enough.... when you start the game and you're waiting for your server to pop up, the very bottom left of the page is a new button "Direct Connect" and  it asks for IP, port and password of the server you want. But, you have only one line for the IP and port numbers. You can just addon the port on the end of the IP number?

Ya, I understand that, I was afraid I wasn't clear enough.... when you start the game and you're waiting for your server to pop up, the very bottom left of the page is a new button "Direct Connect" and  it asks for IP, port and password of the server you want. But, you have only one line for the IP and port numbers. You can just addon the port on the end of the IP number?

Yes. Server IP : Game Port

Yes it works but,,,,,, It doesn't remember the information between game sessions, which isn't good. So, this won't work for me and favorites isn't working either. Long wait times for my server to be found. I suppose at some point in time they'll get it fixed or think it through.