Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Item Durability Config Question

sythara

Hey folks, has anyone had any success in changing the item durability in server config that actually works?

The commands I found are:

DurabilityDamageMultiplier=

ShieldDurabilityMultiplier=

DurabilityMultiplier=

According to descriptions on these setting, they should alter the durability damage taken by items when used. At least the first two, the last one I can't find much references to. Anyway, I've tried changing the values associated with them to several numbers and they seem to have no effect.

Any ideas? ....or am I just doing something wrong?

I run the following settings on my server.

DurabilityMultiplier=0.2
ShieldDurabilityMultiplier=2.0

Both seem to work fine, however, it's important to note they aren't supported in the "Modify Server Config" tool.  So if you do change anything in there and save the .in it will remove the entries. You have to manually login to the FTP site and modify the file yourself to get to them to work.  Be careful using the DurabilityMultiplier as it affects both armor and weapons.  It's tough to get a good balance between weapons not decaying to fast and armor never decaying.  I find that that between .2 and .3 is a good range.

It's also important to note that the config settings DO NOT impact tools. I have found no way to change the durability of picks and axes.

Good luck on your happy balance of durability!

I run:

ShieldDurabilityMultiplier=0.10
DurabilityMultiplier=0.10
on my server and you got to take it down for shield to last longer and swords and armor seem to last longer also but that could also be because we been upgrading to better

Thank you folks, I thought the durability would also impact the tools. Haven't tested the configs on weapons / armor yet.

I also find the server config tools severely lacking so I just edit the .ini file. Much easier that way